Waking Up Alone

Happy Birthday! Well, you DO have a birthday this year, right?!? 🤣😂 Celebrate you every day!

          Jungkook opened his eyes, blinking several times as he tried to make out the objects in the room. When the fog in his eyes disappeared he realized he was in a hospital room surrounded by balloons, flowers, and gifts, but he was all alone. Determined to get up, he wriggled out of the bed, the bottom of his feet tingling as they touched the cold floor.

His legs wobbled as he stepped away from the bed, his arm stopping short, caught by the IV he hadn't noticed until now. He dragged the IV pole across the floor, using it as a crutch while he baby-stepped his way to the bathroom.

The door suddenly opened and a nurse came in, dropping his clipboard as soon as he saw him out of bed and immediately ran over to him, "Mr. Jeon!" He grabbed him by the arm, "You should've called me!"

"I'm sorry, thank you." He mumbled to him.

"No need to be sorry, that's what I'm here for, let's get your business done and get you back in bed, then I'll get the doc to come in and talk with you, okay?"

Jungkook grunted, unable to muster an actual reply as he used every muscle in his body to try to take his weight off of the nurses arm. Even if it was the nurse's job, he still felt horrible for needing help.

Once he was comfortably back in bed, the nurse pulled out a juice box from his apron, popped the straw in it and handed it to him, "Here, you sound a little dry, this will help." Jungkook to the juice box and sucked until the box collapsed. "My wife, is she here?" He asked weakly as he shifted to find a more comfortable position.

"She's been here all of last night and today, poor thing wanted to come in so bad but someone gave orders to the director that no one was allowed to see you until you woke up and some guy talks with you first, I'll go get him now."

Jungkook sat rather impatiently, waiting for this dude until the door swung open and one of the newly hired managers stepped in with a folder under his arm. "Good afternoon, Jungkook. I understand that you are the star of BTS," He walked up beside him, a smirk on his face, "And you've made quite an impact as a solo artist recently."

"No, there is no star of BTS.....my new work is....not that great."

After speaking with the new manager and finding the man to be a smug jerk, at best, Y/N was called to his room.

"Jungkook!" She squealed as she ran to him, hugging him. "Oof!" He tried to breathe as she squeezed him hard, "Baby, I miss you too but I can't breathe." She let go of him and brought her hand to her mouth, jumping back.

"I'm sorry, I was just so worried and they wouldn't let me see you!" She huffed as she grabbed his hand. He looked down at her hand, "Yeah, about that, I found out that-" She pressed her finger to his lips, "Shhhh, baby, we can talk about that later okay?" She sat on the side of the bed and stroked his face. "The doctor said that it was just a panic attack, but you should take it easy for a couple weeks. My mother is on her way, she is going to take care of the baby while I take care of you."

"The baby! Where is she now?" He asked, suddenly sitting up.

"She's with some of your staff, don't worry, she's fine! You will see her soon anyways, they are releasing you in just a few, right?"

"Yes, and I have to talk to you about something....something that may have caused my panic attack." He hesitated to continue and she held her hand up. "Not now, I don't want you to worry about anything right now, let me help you get dressed."

After they got home, Y/N allowed him a few minutes to play with the baby and then shooed him to the bedroom.
Y/N had him in his PJ's, propped up with a ton of pillows, doing everything she could think of to make him feel comfortable and relaxed. "Come lay beside me, you're making me anxious running around like that."

She spun around gasping at his words.

"I didn't mean that, it was just a figure of speech," He patted the bed beside him, "I just miss you and I will feel 100% better if you snuggle with me." He gave her the cute bunny face she hadn't seen in forever and she couldn't resist. It was like her Jungkook was back to himself again. He put his arm around her and clicked through the channels, mindlessly.

"Baby? I really need to tell you something, so don't interrupt me or get mad, okay?"

"Go ahead."

"Well, apparently....it was in my contract...but no one told me about it...and I never even cared about it before...." He hesitated to continue.
"What is it, Jungkook?"

"I mean it's been a long time since I signed the contract...."

"Jungkook, just tell me!"

"My contract overrides our marriage." He winced as he waited for her response.

"What does that mean?" She asked calmly.

"It's valid, I mean we are legally married, but it technically isn't official until my contract ends.....until then....BigHit is like my spouse. They are the only ones that can make medical decisions, or obtain any properties or assets from me."

"But our marriage is still official, right?"

"Yes, but until the contract expires, they have all of the authority." He turned slowly to her and grabbed her hand. "I'm sorry baby, if something were to happen to me I promise you will be taken care of, I'm having Jin hide some money, just in case."

Y/N smiled, "Baby, you don't have to worry about money, but the fact that they can make medical decisions for you and I can't, that's a little concerning." She thought for a moment, "That explains why I wasn't allowed to see you at first in the hospital....but nothing more is going to happen to you! I will wrap you in bubble wrap!"

She leaned in and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

"There's more.....you see....right before I had the panic attack, these-"

Suddenly, she felt her phone buzz, "Oh! Hold on a sec, this could be from your doctor!" She clicked on the new message she received and her heart sank as she read it:

Unknown: I don't want to cause trouble, but watch the video I am sending you.

She gulped as she waited for the next message, hiding the message from Jungkook.

"What does it say?" He worried, trying to peer over her shoulder.

She received the message and clicked on the video, tears forming in her eyes as she watched her worst fears play out on the screen.

You NEVER wake up alone! Do you know how many people are waking up at the exact same time you are, prying their eyes open and wishing it was Friday? 🤔 Me neither but it has to be a lot 😂