Chapter 7

Scarlett

I glared at the prick who lounged in his favorite chair. He really just up and left me with a bunch of people in my home.

Bash clearly didn't get that message, as he just grinned back at me, seeming proud of himself.

"You alright there Dove?" Kjell's deep voice distraction me from my staring contest. My staring contest with a ghost that they couldn't see.

Great, I look crazy now.

I faced the huge man that still had his arms wrapped around me. His golden eyes curiously studied me. "I'm fine."

Bash broke out in laughter.

Dick

I managed to restrain myself from flipping off Bash somehow.

I looked towards Erik and Lincoln who seemed to be in a heated whispered discussion. I ignored them, even though they had yet to answer my earlier question about how they just magically appeared. I turned towards the twins, only to find them in a different spot.

The twins sat side-by-side on my kitchen island. They watched Kjell and I intently.

I took the time to take in their appearances. They wore the same thing. Dark jeans and tight green shirts that stretched over their muscled chests. Their hair, auburn with natural highlights, was slightly longer than the other guys'. What really caught my attention though was their purple eyes. Did they have contacts? The unusual color of their eyes made them that much more attractive. They were identical in every way besides their facial expressions. One seemed to wear a permanent grin while the other wore a constant frown.

"Who are you guys?" I asked as I turned back to the giant in front of me.

"That's a complicated question, with a very complicated answer." Kjell chuckled.

"I think I can keep up," I said barely holding back my snark.

It would seem my personality has made a comeback after my earlier mental breakdown.

Bash and the twins snickered as the other three sighed.

"What do you know about the supernatural Scarlett?" Lincoln suddenly asked.

I froze. Can they see Bash? No, they would've reacted when he appeared. Why would they ask me that then?

I decided to switch to my go-to mode. Defensive, snarky, and sarcastic.

"I've always wanted a werewolf for a boyfriend," I stated, keeping my face neutral. I didn't get the reaction I wanted though, as the twins suddenly choked from behind me.

I turned and watched as they quickly recovered. They both narrowed their eyes at me, as if I greatly offended them.

"Sarcasm noted," Lincoln said with a bored tone. "This is a serious question Scarlett." He crossed his arms and looked at me expectantly.

I scoffed. "It's for TV shows and teenage girls to fond over," I said, shrugging my shoulders. What the hell am I supposed to say?

"She's lying," Aspen stated simply from behind me.

The kitchen sat to my back, as I was currently glued to the couch, I was unable to see the twins.

That didn't stop me from flipping the grumpy twin off.

"Real mature." His voice was starting to grate on my nerves, I decided as I kept my eyes on Lincoln.

Lincoln was definitely the leader of this band of misfits. His commanding presence and voice alone assured me of that.