Chapter 24

Scarlett

Warmth enveloped me as Bash's body wrapped around mine. Erik sat to my right but he was content with just rubbing my hand, whereas Bash had me pressed against his side and his arm slung over my shoulder. He made lazy circles on my bicep while Erik teased my fingers.

I hummed my contentment as the fireplace crackled.

Lincoln read a book in his new favorite spot. A new lazy boy recliner that sat in a corner so he could view the entryway, kitchen, and dining room.

Erik and Bash watched some news report on silent so that the fireplace was the only sound filling the comfortable silence.

I felt a presence behind me the same time I smelled a deliciously wintery smell. Kjell.

He leaned forward and kissed the top of my head before huskily saying loud enough so that everyone could hear, "Let me know if you get too hot, I'm here to serve."

"Easy lizard." Bash chuckled. "One might think your feeling left out."

Kjell growled softly. A territorial growl, that somehow aroused me. Which he must've noticed as he forgot about Bash, and pressed another kiss to the top of my head.

Kjell stood up and went to the loveseat. Which was empty, but with Kjell's massive size, it looked pretty full. The loveseat was a twin to the giant sectional that filled the massive living room.

"What's for dinner?" I asked no one in particular.

My hearing must've gone bad because I could've sworn all four of them said, "you." But there was no way.

Before anyone could give me a legitimate answer, the twins arrived home.

They seemed light and happy, both of them. Which was a shock on its own. Although, recently, Aspen has seemed like he's been in a better mood.

"Hey boys." I smiled at the carbon copies as Aspen jokingly put Oakley in a headlock and ruffled his hair.

Aspen let go of his brother and sauntered towards me, a predatory grin on his face. Ever so slowly be leaned down and whispered in my ear, "there is nothing boyish about me or my brother."

I don't know why, but a shiver ran down my spine. Aspen straightened and went back to fighting with his brother.

Between Kjells comment, Aspen's comment, and warm touches from Bash and Erik, I felt like I was going to burst.

I shifted slightly, trying to release some of the pressure that seems to always be building the longer I'm around these guys.

"Guess I'll make supper." I pulled myself from Bash's arms and Erik's sweet touches. Trying to act nonchalantly, I went to the kitchen and started looking through the cupboards.

A look back into the living told me that the twins had settled down on the huge sectional, next to Erik.

All six of my guys. I smiled and started making dinner.

Having only been in this house for barely two weeks, I still found the size unbelievable.

This kitchen was almost triple my old kitchen, and updated with the newest appliances, it put my old kitchen to shame.

And unlike my old house, this one has a dining room. Which could comfortably fit twenty people around the massive oak wood table.

One thing this house and my old one had in common is the open floor plan. So the dining room and kitchen sat side by side, well the living room and entryway sat across from them. Divided by wood flooring that led to an upper floor staircase and a lower floor staircase.

The lower floor staircase led to the gym, three offices, a library, and the four-car garage.

Well the upper floor staircase twists around and leads to the bedrooms which are above the living room, kitchen, dining room, and entryway.

This house has six bedrooms. I have my own room and so does everyone else, besides Oakley and Aspen. They have the second biggest bedroom, which comfortably fits two king-size beds and still has plenty of room.

All my guys insisted that I take the biggest bedroom, which has a huge walk-in closet and an even bigger master suite. The clawfoot tub was my second favorite spot in the whole house. My first being the library.

I remained lost in my thoughts until I heard someone jump up on the island behind me. I smelled a clean citrus smell and knew it was Lincoln.

I turned around and met his beautiful grey eyes. "Hello Lincoln." I smiled and turned back to my taco making.

"Hello Doll." His deep and smooth voice always made me smile.

"Can I help you?" I asked as he continued to sit quietly behind me.

"Nope." He shook his head. Which made his black curls fall on his forehead.

"May I ask why you're in my kitchen?" I turned around to face him and propped my hip against the counter, while still cooking the taco meat.

"Your kitchen?" Lincoln's dark eyebrows raised as the corner of his mouth pulled slightly into a smile.

"When I'm in it, it's my kitchen," I smirked at him.

His head titled slightly and he spoke lowly. "Does that apply to everything?" For emphasis, he ran his grey eyes down my body.

Somebody choked on a laugh in the living room.

My face burned as I realized what he meant. I quickly turned back to my task at hand as I heard Lincoln chuckle.

He jumped down from the counter. Within a few steps he was next to me, he raised his hand and gently caught my chin. Slowly, he brought my face so I had to face him. And with painstaking slowness, he leaned forward and kissed my lips very lightly. A kiss that sent sparks straight to my core.

He pulled away and in a possessive voice, one that I had never heard from him, whispered, "One day, you'll be mine."

He dropped my chin and walked back to the living room. Taking up his spot, and going back to reading as if nothing I had ever happened.

I stood shocked. That was until the sizzling of the taco meat, brought me back to the real world.

Oh boy. I need a cold shower. Or a Nun. Either one would do.

~~~~~~
Thank you for reading Chapter 24. I apologize for not updating for so long, I've been swamped with school work. Anyways now that things have calmed down a bit, I hope to get back to a regular updating schedule. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. And, as always, feel free to leave any feedback in the comments. I love hearing from y'all.
~Until Next Chapter