Chapter 19

Kjell

Scarlett put the food down on the island right as I heard approaching footsteps. A faint sweet smell hinted at my nose. The sweet smell was all too familiar.

Magic.

I wiped my head to the door right as it swung open.

Whoever it was deemed themself important enough to not even knock.

My instinct immediately jumped to action though for once my other half wasn't pressing at me to kill.

Nice. My dragon growled inside my head.

He just broke into your mates house, how are you calm right now? I was confused by my dragon's constant mood swings.

Well I debated with my dragon, Lincoln stepped up in my place. He immediately pinned the stranger to the wall.

Scarlett gasped. "Sebastian?" She whispered.

"You know him?" Aspen turned and growled at her.

"Scar, why are they still here?" The blonde asked her. Link pressed his arm harder into the blondes throat, though it seemed to do nothing to the blonde.

"Sebastian how is this possible?" Scarlett stuttered. She must be in shock. But how? Who was this man to her?

"I have a lot to explain. Could you please call off the Van Helsing?" The blonde glared at Lincoln.

Link seemed shocked by the blondes knowledge.

"Lincoln?" Scarlett spoke softly.

"How do you know him?" Lincoln asked her without looking over his shoulder.

"This is... This is who left me a couple of months ago. He was.. different though." She said as she looked over the blonde's body.

Finally my dragon responded. He growled as she checked out the male.

Jealous? I teased the scaley bastard.

No. He huffed as I felt him halt in his pacing.

Do you realize she's not just yours?

I know. I thought I heard some pouting, but I ignored him and went back to the real-world conversation.

"You expect us to let him go?" Aspen barely held back his yelling. "This is the prick who damn near took you from us."

Scarlett turned towards Aspen. "No!" She said to him. "No." She pointed at the blonde. "He is not responsible for the choices I made a couple of months ago. That had nothing to do with him."

"Liar." Aspen ground out at her.

All of a sudden, the blonde easily broke out of Lincolns hold, and stalked towards Aspen.

"You do not talk to her like that ever again." The blonde spoke in a deadly calm voice that seemed to even have the thousand-year-old vampire slightly unsteady. "If you ever raise your voice at her ever again, I will rip your fangs out and stab you with them." He promised in a low voice that I was unsure Scarlett could even hear.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" Oakley stepped in front of his brother and pushed the blonde.

They all started trading words back and forth well Scarlett still seemed shocked that the blonde was here.

Erik stepped up next to me, "Your dragon?"

"The bastard loves him. A little jealous of the attention she gave him, but likes him nonetheless." I crossed my arms as Erik and I held a normal conversation all the while chaos unfoiled in front of us.

"Interesting." The mage mused. "I ran a spell over him as soon as he came in and sensed no ill harm towards her. Definitely towards us, but since she's safe I'm sure he'll calm down eventually."

Lincoln stepped up on my other side. "What the fuck is he?" We watched as the twins and the blonde started throwing punches.

"Definitely a super," Erik said. "Hey, thirty bucks says the blonde takes out both the twins."

"Pfft," I rolled my eyes. "Two hundred bucks says the twins knock him on his ass."

Lincoln looked at us in shock. "Really?" He quirked his eyebrow. "Amateurs. A thousand says Scarlett steps in when one of the twins bleed."

Erik and I grinned at Lincoln. He always did love a good bet.

Sure enough, the blonde threw a hard punch at Aspen, and Scarlett snapped out of whatever stupor she was in.

Before Aspen or Oakley could retaliate, Scarlett stepped between them, one hand on the blonde's chest and one hand on Aspen's chest.

Erik and I watched dreadfully as a line of blood ran from Aspen's nose.

Damn Van Helsing is always so good at gambling.

We both pulled out our wallets and handed over one stack each. Not noticing the room had gone silent until Scarlett scoffed.

"You bet on their fight?" She said in disbelief.

"Of course." Lincoln and Erik shrugged.

Scarlett shook her head at us then turned towards the twin bloodsuckers.

"What is your deal?" Her question was more directed towards Aspen.

"That will take a long time to explain," Oakley said. Aspen punched him in the arm and turned and scowled at Scarlett.

She gave up on scolding him and turned towards the blonde, Sebastian.

"Bash," her voice was a lot softer as she spoke to him. "How am I touching you right now?"

"That will take a long time to explain." He grinned but Aspen growled.

"Long story short, I'm not dead. It seems that my soul just took a little detour whilst my body was recovering from its death." He shrugged shyly.

"You're a supernatural too?" She asked in amazement.

"Sort of. I'm a bit higher up then these heathens." We all slightly growled at his slight insult.

Erik stepped forward. "Nonsense. We are the originals."

"Well I'm a demi." Sebastian silently challenged us to protest.

Aspen took the bait, "There's no fucking way. They all died years ago."

"Incorrect." Sebastian taunted.

"What's a demi?" Scarlett asked, her hand still on both of their chests.

"A demi-god." Aspen and Sebastian said at the same time.

The latter turned towards Aspen, "Read my mind if you don't believe me." He turned to Lincoln, "Try to stab me." His teal eyes flashed to the blade that Lincoln always kept hidden in his boot.

"There's no need," Lincoln said, mostly to Aspen who was red-faced at trying to read the blonde's mind. "I believe him. He's stronger than me which is something I haven't seen in years."

"Bash?" Scarlett asked quietly.

Everyone turned towards her, listening intently.

"Are you back? For good?" Her green eyes lifted to his teal ones.

"Yes Scar, I'm back. Though we need to discuss the living situation because there's no way I'm bunking with that hunk." Sebastian jabbed his thumb at me. We all chuckled.

Sebastian didn't seem like a bad guy. Plus my dragon seemed to like him, and after all he did help our girl through the roughest part of her life. Might as well give him a shot.

All the guys seemed to come to the same conclusion as I looked around the room.

So be it. The Demi stays. Lincoln spoke into all of our minds as Erik mind linked us. Well that's that.

~~~~~~
Thank you for reading Chapter 19. I'm sorry for not posting for a bit. I forgot I left the last chapter on a bit of a cliff hanger- my bad. Anyways, I hoped you liked this Chapter. I love any and all feedback, it helps me with writing.
~Until Next Chapter