Chapter 25

Scarlett

Although it was one of the bigger rooms in this house, I found the library cozy and comfortable.

Plush and overstuffed armchairs were sporadically placed around the room while bookshelves lined every wall. The room was big and the book selection was even bigger. 

A couple of thousand books easily filled the room I found to be my favorite.  And for the past two weeks, I've spent a lot of my time here.

Spring had just arrived and I found the guys a lot busier with their supernatural business. So often after my morning ritual, I came down here and buried myself in books.

There was usually one or two guys hanging around the house, but they usually were handling supernatural business over the phone or via computer.

I, not wanting to be a bother, made myself scarce. Though I couldn't complain, I've loved reading pretty much all day and every day.

Lost in a particularly... sexy book, I must've missed hearing the library door open. I didn't miss the even and collected footsteps though. Lincoln or Bash. I silently bet myself.

The former glided into an armchair across from me. Lincoln's black hair appeared almost purple and blue under the strange lighting the library offered.

"I'm bored." Lincoln sighed, which surprised me as he didn't seem to type to come and complain to me.

I lowered my book slightly so I could meet his grey eyes. "And you want me to fix this how?" I returned the book back in front of my face. I found myself blushing at the crude language in which the book used.

"Entertain me." Lincoln's voice almost appeared whiny.

Forgoing the book, I set it down on my chest and stared at Lincoln. "It almost sounds like you want attention."

A dangerous smirk danced across Lincoln's perfect face. "What kind of attention are we talking about?"

I hide my face behind my hands and muttered a curse at no one in particular.

Lincoln chuckled. "Judging by your reaction and if I didn't know better, I'd almost think your pure." His eyes took on a predatory gleam and he titled his head. Making his dark locks rearrange on his head.

Not grasping his meaning, it was my turn to sigh, "and what is that suppose to mean?"

Lincoln leaned forward. A challenge reflected in his eye, "Doll, have you ever..." He left his sentence hanging.

It took me longer then I'd like to admit for me to catch his meaning.

"Oh you mean.. Well... I mean.." My thoughts scrambled and I found myself stuttering.

"Doll." His voice was low as he spoke.

"Yes, I'm a virgin." I spit the words out in a cluster.

A smirk slowly drew his mouth up. "You are? So you've never..."

"My first kiss was Bash a couple weeks ago. That is the extent of my knowledge." My cheeks burned with embarrassment at that admission.

Lincoln clicked his tongue, "don't be embarrassed." He sighed and sat back in his seat. "Do you ever feel tempted to do anything around any of us?" His words were from curiosity, they held no malicious intent.

"All the time. All of you make me feel this strange... Feeling."

"And does that bother you?"

"Only that I have no idea what to do if a situation ever arose," I admitted. Why was he so easy to talk to? I'd never admitted these things to anybody.

"What if somebody offered to teach you?" Lincoln said thoughtfully.

My eyes bugged at his words. "You mean you teach me... How to..." I couldn't bring myself to say it.

"Yes. Doll. I would teach you whatever it is you want to know."

"And what do you get out of it?"

"Oh, doll. Trust me, teaching you will be payment enough." His grey eyes gleamed with excitement.

My thoughts were jumbled, but for some reason I couldn't think of any reasons to say no. I like him. I like all of them, and it would make me happy if I could pleasure then in a way that makes them happy.

So I locked eyes with Lincoln and said "okay."

His eyes alight with a fire. "Excellent." He clapped his hands together and gracefully got out of his chair. And without another word he waltzed out of the library.

As if nothing had just happened.

What did just happen? And why do I feel like I just sold my soul to the devil?

Trying to not focus on what just happened, I picked up a random book from next to me and started reading.

As always though, the quiet didn't remain as the library doors opened again.

"Okay, what did you do to make Link so happy?" Erik asked as he plopped down in the chair that Lincoln had just been sitting in.

Erik's red hair was slightly messy, as if he had been running his hands through it a lot.

"I agreed to let him teach me some things. Why do you look stressed?" Erik's arms hung limply over the sides of the armchair. As if he was exhausted.

"Looong day." Erik sighed. "It's better now though that I get to see you." He sat up slightly in his chair. "Whatcha reading?"

I rotated the book so I could see the cover, "Um, If Bigfoot ever met Littlefoot." Erik's eyebrow lifted in question. "It's honestly horrible. I would not recommend it. And I don't like to dunk on bad literature, but this is bad." We both chuckled.

The sounds filling the library.

"Duly noted." Erik sighed and looked around the library. "You know you don't have to hide in here all day right?"

"Yeah." I shrugged. "but I like it. You guys can all work and I can get lost in a whole nother world."

"Oh yeah like where?" Erik asked.

"Well today I spent some time in Russia, with a hot Russian mafia leader, though he was a piece of work lemme tell you" Erik chuckled. "I also took a quick trip to the east coast, where a girl moved in with some distant relatives and discovered that her bathtub is a time machine. And now I'm somewhere in the snowy forest, with a talking Bigfoot who tried to befriend a human although he ultimately kills him." Erik listened to me with a smile on his face.

"That sounds amazing." He said.

"It kind of was. Don't worry about me in here. I can promise you that I'm probably having a good time if my nose is buried in a book." Erik nodded and stood up.

"Got it. You want some dinner?" He offered his hand to me.

I took it and he helped me up. As soon as I was steady he leaned in and kissed my nose. A quick peck, though from the look in his eyes, I felt like he might have wanted more.

On the way back upstairs and to the dining room, I couldn't help but hope that Lincolns lessons someday pay off. Some day.

~~~~~~
Thank you for reading Chapter 25. I hope you liked this chapter. As always, feel free to leave some feedback. And make sure to have a great rest of the week.
~Until Next Chapter