Chapter 18

Scarlett

When I got home only the twins and Lincoln were in. Erik and Kjell must've run off to handle some business at wherever they always run off to.

The twins were absorbed in the Xbox game that they were playing on my tv in the living room.

Lincoln greeted me, asked if I needed help, and resumed watching the twins play.

I was able to bring all the groceries in with only one trip. I put away all the cold stuff and stuff I needed for dinner, but left the rest in bags on the counter. Figuring I'd sort that stuff after dinner, I started making dinner.

So consumed in what I was making, I didn't notice the return of the rest of the guys.

Erik mumbled a greeting, seeming tired, and went to the living room only to collapse on the first open seat he spotted.

I really need a bigger house.

For the past month, three out of the five guys have been subjected to sleeping in the living room every night. This admittedly made me feel bad because I'm tucked away and comfortable while they are sleeping on the floor or couch.

"What are you thinking about, Dove?" Kjell whispered in my ear as his huge arms wrapped around my waist. His body pressed into me from behind as his usual chill made me shiver.

"How I need a bigger house," I said as I started throwing some ingredients together.

Kjell traced my neck with his nose. The action sending heat straight to my core. "Don't you worry about us." He said as he nuzzled into my neck.

He lightly pressed a kiss on the sensitive skin where my shoulder and neck meet.

"Kjell." His name came out on a groan.

"Hmm?" He hummed as he resumed his torturous tracing of my neck.

"I'm trying-," I gasped as he kissed behind my ear," to cook."

"Sorry." He didn't sound sorry at all. In fact I felt him grin against my neck.

I heard footsteps approach us and felt Kjell grin wider.

"Link." Kjell addressed him though he never stopped his slow torture.

Lincoln cleared his throat. "Is there a reason you are distracting our girl?"

Our.

I shivered at the word. Was I really theirs or was this a dream?

"I haven't seen her for a while and he needed some reassurance that she was okay," Kjell said innocently.

Sure, blame your other half.

I rolled my eyes as Lincoln spoke. "Its been three hours since you last saw her, and you can't just blame your dragon for everything."

Haha see! I had a point.

Kjell's arms slightly tightened around me. I tried to ignore their conversation while I put dinner together. Though the dinner was easy, I'm used to making dinner for one so I had to make sure I got the proportions correct.

"I can too. He wanted to see his mate. I see nothing wrong with what I'm doing." Kjell's tone started to sound more aggressive.

"Easy you overgrown lizard," Erik said from the living room. "Link's just hangry, let him be until he eats."

I chuckled at that. Hangry.

"What's so funny?" Kjell asked me as Lincoln huffed.

Was Lincoln jealous?

"Nothing," I said. I turned my phone on and glanced at the recipe once again to ensure I had the right amount.

Satisfied, I went to put it in the oven, but Kjell's arms prevented me.

He growled softly as I tried again to wiggle out of his reach.

"Kjell," I said as he once again started nuzzling my neck.

"Scarlett." He pressed a kiss to my jaw.

"I need to put this in the oven," I said. Lincoln huffed, annoyed, and stalked over to me. He took the pan of food out of my hand and put it in the oven.

"There. That wasn't so hard." Lincoln left the kitchen mumbling something about "insufferable reptiles."

Kjell ignored him as he turned me in his arms.

"Hi." I smiled as Kjell looked down at me.

"Hi."

In the living room, the twins yelled in protest at Lincoln as he took the remote and changed the TV.

Lincoln switched it to the news and the first words spoken had me frozen in Kjell's arms.

"-body in the front parking lot." The news reporter said clear as day.

I looked around Kjell's shoulder and was meet with sparkling purple eyes.

"Well Grimm, anything you'd like to tell us?" Aspen grinned like the cat who caught the canary.

I found myself completely frozen in his stare. His eyes danced with mischief and humor. Aspen. The grouchy twin for once seeming happy. And I just so happen to be in trouble.

"Dove?" Kjell looked down at me worriedly. His eyes dashed between mine.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know anything about the body?" Kjell asked. Everyone in the living room was listening intently

"I may or may not." It was hard to come off stubborn and sassy when he had me wrapped up in his arms.

"And?..." Oakley prompted.

"My father sent him. For me. Or too me. But I saw him coming, things happened and he killed himself as I walked away." I looked down at the huge body in front of me. Admiring the thin fabric as I could see every line of Kjell's body.

Kjell's arms tensed around me and I heard someone in the living room take a sharp intake of breath.

"He killed himself?" Lincoln's dark brows furrowed together.

"Long story. But yes. It seems my father is desperate to get me back." I sighed.

"And when were you planning on telling us?" Lincoln asked. He sounded annoyed and tired as he pinched the bridge of his nose with his pointer finger and thumb.

"Never. I don't see the problem." All I got were looks of surprise. "He can send as many people as he wants, they nor he will ever get me to go back. I will die before I'm forced to ever be back under the thumb of my father." Kjell growled at my words.

"It's different this time though." I sighed as I spoke. "I'm trained. I've killed many. I'm prepared to kill him when the time arises. But I just need you guys to trust me." I looked around Kjell's shoulder at the others.

"Red," Erik stood up as he spoke, "I'll-we'll-trust you no matter what. But please tell us next time something like this happens."

Oakley nodded. "Yes. We want to protect you." His eyes flicked to my wrists. "However we can."

"You let us know when you're ready to face your father. We will support you." Lincoln said in agreement.

How did I get so lucky with all these guys?

The oven dinged and I managed to wiggle out of Kjell's hold and pull the casserole out right on time.

I walked over to the counter and set the casserole down. All of the guys got up and took a seat at the island.

Right before I could start passing out plates the door burst open and teal eyes meet mine.

"What are they still doing here?" The blonde growled.

~~~~~~
Thank you for reading Chapter 18. Sorry for the cliffhanger. I do love them though. I hope you liked this chapter. Who do you think the blonde hair tealed eye intruder is?
~Until Next Chapter