Chapter 32

Erik

Kjell watched every single move that Oakley made. His dragon still very obviously on the surface. He only took his eyes off Oakley long enough to watch Scarlett go upstairs, but his attention immediately went back to the vampire.

Sebastian took up a seat close to the dragon while Aspen stood in a corner near his twin.

I, of course, watched all of their behavior with amusement.

Lincoln's inner monolog about fucking shifters came to the forefront of my mind when Kjell growled at Oakley stretching.

"Really?" I asked the dragon.

Kjell's gold eyes flicked to me, amusement evident. "He's on edge." Kjell shrugged as black-spotted his gold iris's.

I rolled my eyes.

The tension in the room kept rising and I started betting myself when it would finally snap.

Just when I predicted it would, Kjell's eyes turned fully black and he made to lunge.

That was until a single whimper had us all freezing...

Kjell's eyes rapidly went back to gold. His dragon knows that sound all too well.

I watched as everyone internally battled with what that sound was.

I felt the twins both reach out with their mental powers.

It was a bit before anyone heard anything else. But thanks to our super hearing we all heard a breathy, shuddered, moan.

Holy fuck.

My pants uncomfortably stirred and a glance around the room showed the others shifting awkwardly too.

"That's no fucking fair..." Oakley whined just as another sound had us all adjusting our jeans. "I can't. I'm out."

Oakley was gone in seconds. Aspen offered us a sheepish smile before he followed wherever his brother disappeared too.

Kjell growled. His hands flexing at his side as he resisted the urge to go up there.

"Lucky bastard," Kjell said before he stormed out of the house.

I could've sworn I heard a distant dragon roar after he disappeared from sight for awhile. Though I couldn't care, not when the most amazing sounds where torturing me.

Bash found a seat in a chair, across the living room from me.

"What about you Demi?" I asked him. His eyes had been intently focused on the floor paneling.

"What about me?" He raised a blonde eyebrow at me.

"You aren't fighting the urge to join them?" I waved a hand to the upstairs floor, where another whimper could be heard.

"Of course I am. I have better control than the shifter and bloodsuckers though." Bash lifted a cocky eyebrow. "And you?"

"I find myself having to agree with your statement." We both chuckled.

Suddenly her sounds of pleasure rose, until they stopped with a particularly loud moan. Bash and I both shivered at the wonderful sound.

"Fuck that was hot." Bash sighed and slumped in his chair.

"One of us has to leave," I said nonchalantly.

Bash shot me a look. "Why?"

"Because when she comes down here, she is going to be embarrassed. And if there is just one of us down here, we can play it off. But if there's two of us down here, especially you, she is going to know that we heard her." I explained.

"What do you mean especially me?" Bash said defensively.

"You're a demi. The first thing she thought about your powers was super hearing and sight. She knows you will have heard all that. Whereas with me, she doesn't know that all supernaturals are gifted with special hearing, sight, and etc." I said.

Bash leaned back in his chair.  "Fine. I'll leave. But if you embarrass her or anything worse, I can guarantee you'll have an angry shifter, demi, and two bloodsuckers breathing down your neck." Bash said simply as he stood up and disappeared. Hmm. Cool disappearing trick. I might have to ask him about it someday.

Alone, I turned on the TV and grabbed a nearby book. Hoping to look lost in it, I ignored Lincoln and her's entrance into the living room.

It surprised me when Lincoln led her to his chair and pulled her down on top of him.

Hah. The cold and soulless Van Helsing.  Comforting and Cuddling a female. I never thought I would see the day.

"Where are the others?" Lincoln asked. Scarlett laid her head down on his chest while he spoke.

"Here and there," I replied vaguely, still acting interested in my book.

Lincoln nodded, his grey eyes flicking down to the girl in his lap. Admiration shone in his eyes as he brought his hand to her back and started drawing circles all over her back.

The front door opened and Kjell walked in. His hair soaking wet.

"Where were you?" Lincoln shook his head at Kjell.

"A waterfall. A very cold waterfall." Kjell said gruffly, his gaze landed on the adorable redhead cuddled up to Links chest.

Her soft snores lightly ruffled Lincolns shirt.

Kjell turned away from the living room and disappeared up the stairs right as Bash walked in the back door.

"Smooth." I rolled my eyes at the Demi as he waltzed into the living room. "What was that? A whole minute you were away from her?"

"Watch it Mage. You don't want to know the extent of my power right now." Bash collapsed on the couch, his gaze remaining on Scarlett.

Lincoln watched our exchange before realization crossed his face. "Oh." He suddenly said. "All of you heard that then."

"All. Of. It." Bash and I said at the same time. Which lead to the exchange of glares.

"Shit." Lincoln cursed.

"What?" I finally gave up on the book in front of my face and closed it.

"I wasn't even thinking about Oaks." Lincoln genuinely seemed apologetic.

"He's fine. He and Aspen left almost immediately. I'm sure they're fine." Bash told Link.

"Fuck that was inconsiderate of me." I think Link would've paced, if not for the content, sleeping, person in his lap.

"Oh I'm sure they'll get you back for it," I assured Lincoln.

"Helpful." He rolled his eyes.

Scarlett stirred. Her long-suffering sigh as she got comfy made us all chuckle.

Content. That's what she was. Happy, content, and fucking perfect. Heaven help anyone that tries to take her from us.

~~~~~~
Thank you for reading Chapter 32. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm absolutely baffled at the views, votes, and comments I've been getting lately. You guys are seriously amazing. I'm so glad you guys like this story. I hope y'all have a great week. Feedback and comments literally make my day!!
~Until Next Chapter