Chapter 31

Scarlett

Insufferable Dragons and Vampires.

Why is it always a territorial fight?

I rolled my eyes and finished putting away the dishes.

Despite Lincolns warning to "Behave." Kjell seemed to still be holding a grudge. Poor Oakley couldn't even eat without the dragon's eyes pinning him to the seat.

And Aspen and Bash were suddenly buddies?? What is happening around here?

I slowly climbed the stairs and found myself standing in front of a door. I raised my hand and knocked lightly.

A muffled "Come in," came from the other side.

I obviously was not thinking before following Lincoln up the stairs. Apparently I had given him just enough to shower. Lincoln stood in the doorway of his bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist and a tired look written all over his face.

"Hello Doll." Lincoln greeted me. "Anything I can help you with?"

I went to speak words but found them gone as my eyes traveled down Lincoln's muscled chest.

My eyes stopped at the deep 'V' cut off by his towel.

A deep throaty chuckle brought my eyes back up.

I gulped when I noticed the change in Lincolns appearance.

Gone was the tired look. Replaced with mischief.

"Doll?" Lincoln slowly approached my frozen form.

"Hmm." I hummed trying to keep my eyes on his face.

"Is something the matter?" He stood inches from me, towering over me and his head tilted slightly.

"No." I shook my head, uncertainly backing me up.

"Are you sure?" I watched as he raised his hand to my face and lightly cupped my cheek.

Words evaded me again, so instead I nodded my head.

"Doll, you seem nervous?" Lincoln chuckled softly. His cool minty breath tickling my face as he leaned down, now only inches from me.

"Nope." My voice squeaked.

Lincoln chuckled again, "so you will have no problem if I do this?"

And before I could embarrass myself any more, Lincoln crushed his lips to mine. 

He quite literally stole my breath.

His kiss the opposite of Kjell and Bash's soft and tender ones.

I gasped as Lincoln bit my lip. Pain sucked away by pleasure. Lincoln's hand slowly moved to my hair, where he then grabbed it, and continued leading the kiss.

His other hand had different plans as it slowly moved down my back.

I found myself arching into his body.

Lincoln pulled away all too soon, his grey eyes dancing with excitement.

"You still up for a few lessons?" Lincoln asked. A dark grin split his face.

I could only nod as my whole body protested the distant Lincoln held us at.

"Wonderful." Lincoln resumed our kiss, while he slowly guided me towards the large bed in the middle of his room.

My knees hit his bed at the same time I felt him lift me and toss me on his bed.

Excitement and heat coursed throughout my body.