Chapter 35

Scarlett

We entered into what looked to be a giant dining hall. Beautiful antler chandeliers with candles hung from the high ceilings. Four huge redwood tables stretched ten feet wide with benches on the sides, and chairs at the ends of them. Mugs, plates, and tons of food were laid out on all the tables. Despite the giant tables, there was tons more space for lounging and there looked to be rooms stemming from the main dining hall.

So many people cheered as Kjell entered, but the noise died down when they saw me at his side.

Panic immediately seized me at the silence. Pulling on Kjell's hand, I turned to him and shook my head. "Kjell I don't think-"

Erik stepped up to my left side and slung his arm around me. He leaned down to my ear and whispered, "They're in shock. They can't believe that Kjell actually found his mate."

His words sunk in and I turned to look at the many faces waiting for Kjell to talk.

Kjell, as calm as ever, chuckled and wrapped his around my waist.

"Everybody! I'd like you to meet Scarlett." He stared down at me, admiration and joy shone in his eyes. This time the butterflies in my stomach were good. "My Mate"

My stomach flipped at the way he said mate.

Suddenly, as if everybody was in a trance, cheering erupted around the dining hall.

After everyone cheered, they all grabbed mugs and chanted, "To Kjell and Scarlett." I couldn't help but chuckle at the sight of everyone chugging their mugs and whatever was in them.

Kjell leaned down and whispered in my ear, "I think they like you." His breath tickled my skin and I had to work to keep my thoughts clean.

A male that looked to be in his thirties approached us. "And here I thought you were spewing bullshit." The male chuckled and patted Kjell on the arm.

The male was a couple inches shorter than Kjell and not nearly as built as Kjell, but he was decently sized. Good looking too with short black hair and green eyes.

Kjell just grinned as he introduced us. "Scarlett this is my advisor, Dalik."

"It's a pleasure, m' lady." I was taken aback when Dalik bowed.

Stricken, I turned to Kjell, who smirked at my shock. "Usually people greet them back." He teased.

"Sorry." I turned to Dalik. "It's nice to meet you too."

"No worries. I can't imagine it's easy to comprehend all this compared to normal human life." Dalik gestured to the building and people. "Luckily you have several men who can teach you everything."

He knew about the other's and I's relationship? And he's not disgusted by me?

"You are right there." I smiled pleasantly back at the dragon-shifter.

"Dalik and his mate had triplets not too long ago." Kjell grinned down at me.

My memory recalled and I gasped. "Oh yeah, I remember you telling me that." I turned to Dalik. "How's being a father?"

"It's wonderful. The little monsters have managed to become my whole world." Dalik smiled fondly as he spoke. I felt a slight tug in my heart.

Would I ever get to experience that?

"In fact, my wife is home with them now if you'd like to stop and say hi." Dalik looked to Kjell. "She was making cookies when I left earlier."

"Need you say anymore?" Kjell smiled.