Chapter 28

Scarlett

"Oakley." A sleep-coated voice hissed, waking me from my wonderful slumber.

Annoyance became my first response.

"Shut up Aspen," I grumbled before snuggling further into whoever's warm body was in front of me.

I heard a harsh intake of breath and warm hands wrapped around me.

"Grimm, whatever you do, don't fucking move." Aspen annoyingly said. He's annoying. Why is he being annoying?

Annoying kept rattling around my head as I also cursed Aspen silently.

I just want to sleep.

"Mine." Oakley's voice was deeper than usual but I brushed it off as him being tired.

"Mhm hmm. Sure." I said distractedly while sleep remained just out of my grasp. "Just let me sleep."

I buried my head further into Oakley's chest. I noticed his arms seemed to be getting tighter with every second.

"Grimm, I don't know what you're doing, but stop it right now." Aspen's voice chased away my sleep.

"I'm trying to frickin slee-" I was cut off as Oakley let out a deep growl. His arms started to hurt as his grip got impossibly tight.

Removing my head from his chest, I slowly looked up to his face, startled to see his usually purple eyes were a shocking deep red color. Just like when I first found out about the supernatural and Aspen did the "bar trick"

"Oakley?" My voice came out slightly shaky.

No Response.

"Aspen? What's going on." I didn't move my stare from Oakley's red eyes.

"Well... He's kind of.. Gone bloodthirsty." Aspen said distractedly.

"What?" I gasped as Oakley turned his red gaze to me.

"He's gone-"

"I heard what you said. Elaborate please. He's crushing my torso." My panic was evident in my voice.

"Remember that problem that we didn't want to talk about earlier?" He didn't wait for my response as he went on. "Well, he and I haven't been able to feed because our monsters have rejected the source every time. And it would seem that his monster has taken over."

I processed his words. "What does that have to do with him trying to squeeze me like an orange to make orange juice?" I swear I felt something crack as Oakley continued tightening his hold on my torso.

"Well our other half's only want you." Aspen paused. "And it seems that instead of waiting to ask for permission, Oakley's vampiric side has taken over and will soon try to feed from you."

My whole body froze as his words sunk in.

Feed from me?

I gulped and met Oakley's red stare again.

"What happens if you guys don't feed?" I tried to sound calm, but failed. miserably.

"Pain. Lots of pain." Was all Aspen supplied.

"Why me?"

"Fuck if I know. Our other half's have just chosen you as their consort."

"Consort? Like a partner?" I said rhetorically as Oakleys eyes zeroed in on my jugular.

I slowly started to accept it as Oakley's monster growled whenever Aspen moved.

"Will it hurt?" I asked, completely resigned.