Chapter 8

Oakley

Of course, my asshole twin has to go and freak her out.

Arsehole, I fired the word loudly through the crack in my twin's mental barrier that he leaves open for me.

The corner of his lips tug into a slight smirk.

"Now, please, tell me what the fuck Aspen is before I snap." The redhead's beautiful voice pulled me from my thoughts of knocking my brother on his ass.

Aspen sent me a thought of him beating my ass, opposed to the other way. Why was he being extra dicky today?

Dicky? Really bro? Aspen's voice was laced with humor.

What? It's true. You seem to be enjoying stressing out the girl. I sent him back.

Aspen and I crossed our arms at the same time as Link launched into a whole discussion about supernaturals and our long existence in the world.

Twenty bucks says the overgrown lizard tries to mate her by the end of the week. I could barely contain my choke of surprise at my twin's brashness.

I'm not betting on that. Maybe we should go to family counseling. All five of us. We are all messed up as is, Aspen especially, but maybe Aspens finally gone off the deep end.

Cause you know I'll win? Aspen turned and quirked an eyebrow at me, a challenge lacing his words.

Aspen. Shut the fuck up before I kick your ass in front of everybody. I projected the thought with a growl in my voice. You're being an ass for no reason. I know most of the girls you fuck love the whole bully attitude, but something tells me Scarlett won't put up with your shit.

No response.

Typical.

Aspen and I focused more on the scene in front of us. Link was still going over the basics by the time Aspen and I finished our mental sparring.

This is sooo boring. My twin dragged out his words as he groaned mentally. Maybe I should just kill her and we can move on. Maybe even taste some of her before I snap that beautiful neck.

That's it. I finally snapped.

We may be immortal and we may be long overdone for a humanity check but my twin had no reason to threaten Scarlett. He needs to be put in his place.

I drag mental talons across Aspen's mental barriers. The sudden attack on his defense caught him off guard so I was able to attack him physically.

My brother's shocked eyes meet mine as we tumbled to the floor and off the kitchen island. My eyes already having turned red and my physical talons already around his throat.

"Take it back," I growled in his face.

"No." The stubborn ass growls back. His own purple eyes turning red.

"Fine, take some time to recollect yourself then," I say as more shock takes over Aspen's face. Without a second thought, I dragged one of my talons across his throat. Completely severing his jugular and effectively bleeding him and killing him in seconds.

My brother's eyes grow lifeless. I sit back on my heels as I look down at his bloody neck.

Arsehole

We don't often kill kill each other. Not unless the other is completely out of control. And I could tell my brother was one bloody thought away from making a terrible decision.