Chapter 33

Scarlett

I woke up cuddled against a cold body, while massive arms cradled me tightly. A chilly wintery scent embraced my senses. 

Kjell. I could've purred his name.

Warm golden eyes met my sleepy stare.

"Dove." Kjell rumbled.

"Kjell," I mumbled his name as I snuggled deeper into his arms.

Kjell chuckled but, thankfully, didn't move as I made myself comfy.

The opening of kitchen cupboards and slamming of drawers kept sleeping just out of my grasp.

"Where's the measuring cups?" Aspen asked dryly. His tone didn't match the anxious movements coming from the kitchen.

"Middle drawer, next to the sink," Erik responded from somewhere in the living room.

"Kjell?"

"Yes, Dove?" I could feel his gaze on me.

"Why is everybody being so loud?" I mumbled. Keeping my eyes shut, I hoped to fall back to sleep. 

My mountain man chuckled as he responded, "Oakley's trying to cook."

"Oakley's what!?" I asked rhetorically. Before Kjell could respond, I shot out of his arms and stumbled off the couch.

My sleep-coated eyes were wide open and alert as I looked to the kitchen.

"Hey, Grimm!" Aspen said somewhat cheerfully as I stumbled to the kitchen. Probably trying to distract me.

"No," I said to him simply as I passed him. Aspen sat on the kitchen island, where he must've been watching his twin. "Off my counters." I snapped my fingers in his face before approaching his brother.

Oakley froze in his frantic searching as he sensed my approach.

I paused a few feet from him and threw my hands on my hips.

"Oakley."

"Yes, Spitfire?" He sounded somewhat hesitant.

"Why are you in my kitchen?" I asked him, though my attention was all around the space as he had created a huge mess.

Oakley looked an equal of a mess. His hair disheveled, hands twitching at his sides, and eyes darting all around.

"I.. uh... I need..." Oakley stuttered

"He needed to keep his hands busy," Aspen smirked over my shoulder as he stood right behind me. His arms wrapped around my waist as he pressed himself against me.

Oakley blushed as his brother chuckled.

"Aspen?" I kept my hands on my hips, hoping to stand my ground.

"Mmhmm." Aspen hummed as his nose started to ghost my neck.

"Quit torturing your brother." I scolded Aspen before trying to pull myself from his hold.

"Oh trust me," his breath tickled my neck as he spoke, "he is enjoying this as much as I am."

Insufferable vampires.

I scooted out of Aspens hold and managed to collect myself.

"Now Oakley." I turned my attention to the wreck of a twin. "Let me rephrase my earlier question. Why are you making a mess of my kitchen?"

"I was hungry," Oakley said. Though I could've sworn I heard a sing-songy voice in my head saying Lieee.

I rolled my eyes at his weird behavior and turned to his twin.