Chapter 22

Scarlett

Two days later Lincoln announced that the house was ready for us to move into. Another two days and I found myself wondering around a furniture store picking out stuff with the twins.

Every now and then they would add in extremely helpful advice, to which I would just roll my eyes at and keep walking.

For once, Aspen seemed to be in a good mood and Oakley did good about keeping us from fighting.

"Ooh this would be good for the family room," Oakley commented as we passed a beautiful overstuffed corner sofa.

"Mmmh." I hummed as I stopped and looked at the couch. "I think you might be right. What do you think Aspen?"

I asked him. Though he didn't respond, I guessed he said something mentally because whatever was said made Oakley groan.

"Thanks for that bro," Oakley whined at his twin.

I found myself rolling my eyes for the hundredth time that day.

"Someone write down the name of that couch and we'll order it," I said, continuing my search for furnishings.

It took us probably six hours and four different stores for us to fully furnish our new place. And somehow after all that shopping, the twins managed to convince me to do more shopping. But for clothes instead.

My wardrobe consisted of a lot of black thanks to my earlier profession, but I figured it was indeed time for a change.

The twins left out where we would be clothes shopping exactly but I quickly realized they had ulterior motives when Aspen pulled up to Victoria's Secret.

"You've got to be kidding me." I fell back against my seat and whined.

Since the twins sat in the drivers and passenger seat, they both turned and looked at me.

"Oh come on, Grimm. It will be fun." Aspen had the nerve to wiggle his eyebrows as he said his nickname for me.

"I ought to kill you both and make it look like a bloody accident." I crossed my arms and glared at the conniving twins.

Their purple eyes sparkled with mischief as they grinned at me. Like predators cornering prey.

"Besides it wasn't our idea. It was Kjell's." Oakley tried to reason.

"I don't care who's idea it was, I'm not shopping for underwear with you idiots."

As much as I wanted that to be right, I was in desperate need of some new sports bras and underwear. It seemed like some of my undergarments didn't make the move to our new place. So as much as I wanted to kill these bastards, they were just looking out for me.

After a few more glares in both their directions, I begrudgingly slid out of their truck and dragged my feet into the store. With the twins in tow, grinning like the bastards they are.

I did my best to ignore them as I shopped, but they kept throwing their suggestions in my face. Literally.

Each time the clothing got more and more revealing and skimpy. And each time I blushed harder.

Finally I cut them off and made my way to the dressing room to try on some of the clothing. Of course it was only the clothing I picked out. All the items the twins picked out, I placed in a pile in the corner of the dressing room. the pile taunted me.

Satisfied with what I picked out, I left the dressing room. I ran into two hard chests as soon as I opened the door.

"Are you done already?" Oakley asked.

"Yes." I ignored their pressing glances as I pushed through their shoulders.

"Are you sure you don't need any second opinions?" Aspen asked with a twinkle on his eye.

"I'm fine. Thanks." I turned and went to head for the check out when I heard Oakley call me out.

"Hey!" Oakley said. "You didn't even try on anything we suggested."

I turned and met their gazes. "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." I shrugged.

Before I could finish my walk to the checkout, I felt hands wrap around my waist and I was suddenly back in the dressing room.

My head spun slightly as I focused on the purple eyes and auburn hair in front of me.

I would've thought due to the smile it was Oakley grinning at me, but upon further studying I realized it was Aspen. How weird it is to see him smile.

"Grimm," Aspen spoke with a slight scolding sound to his voice.

"Did you just kidnap me with your super-speed?" I gawked at the twin.

"Yes, you're being unreasonable. Now I'm going to take these." Aspen reached and grabbed the clothes I had been clutching in my arms with ease. "And you are going to try on those. Whatever fits, buy it. No butts." He warned. "Now after you try on an outfit, you're going to show my brother and me, then you can retreat back in here. Understood?" Whatever commanding tone had taken over his voice made me shiver.

Aspen noticed and grinned brighter. A very foreign look on the twin. He leaned forward and whispered in my ear. "Earlier when you asked me my opinion about that couch, all I could picture was you spread out with your red locks a mess well my brother and I took very good care of you." His low words set a fire in my core.

Before anything else could happen, Aspen disappeared and I was left alone in the dressing room.

Deciding to not take my chances, I did as Aspen instructed and tried on the pile that they had selected for me. With every outfit, the twins got a small fashion show, in which I got pleased comments and heated looks.

Until finally I had tried on everything and to my dismay everything fit perfectly.

After a very big purchase, which the twins refused to let me pay, we finally headed back to our new house.

Which of course was buzzing with testosterone and my guys.

~~~~~~
Thank you for reading Chapter 22. I hoped you liked this chapter, and of course, let me know in the comments who your favorite character is besides Scarlett.
~Until Next Chapter