Chapter Twenty-Five ↡ Engagement Announcement

Engagement Announcement
Friday, November 29, 2019

A statement from The Prince of Wales.

His Royal Highness Prince Antony of Wales and Miss Lucia Bautista-Allen are engaged to be married.

His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince Antony to Miss Lucia Bautista-Allen.

The wedding will take place in the Summer or Autumn of 2020, in London. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.

Prince Antony and Miss Bautista-Allen became engaged earlier last month in London. Prince Antony has informed The Queen and other close members of his family. Prince Antony has also sought and received the blessing of Miss Bautista-Allen's parents.

Prince Antony and Lucia Bautista-Allen spoke out on Friday in their first interview after announcing their engagement, sharing the story of how they met, fell in love and got engaged at Kensington Palace's White Garden

Read the full transcript of their interview with the BBC's Mishal Husain:

BBC: Your Royal Highness, Bautista-Allen, congratulations to you both.

Lucia: Thank you.

BBC: Can we start with the proposal and the actual moment of your engagement? When did it happen? How did it happen?

Prince Antony: It happened a few weeks ago, earlier this month, here at the White Garden, just a standard typical night for us.

Lucia: Yeah, a typical late night walk and it just - just an amazing surprise. It was so sweet and natural and very romantic. He got on one knee.

Prince Antony: Of course.

BBC: Was it an instant yes from you?

Lucia: I was shock but I said yes after he finished asking me.

Prince Antony: I think managed to catch her by surprise very well.

Lucia: Yeah.

BBC: And this is how long after you first met?

Lucia: Four years.

Prince Antony: We've been a couple for four years but we've known each other for six years.