Chapter Forty-Eight ↡ Fence Month

Wednesday, 1 July 2020

6,000,000 likes

princeantony Today would have been my mum's 59th birthday. The truth is, it still is her birthday. When you lose your mum, so many days of the year hold such importance for you now - Your birthday, Mother's Day, her birthday, various other holidays spent with family. And there's always something missing on those days. Losing you at such a tender age was so heartbreaking. As I grow up, I know that you are watching over me from heaven. I will always remain my mummy's little boy. I wish you a happy birthday, mummy.

View all 678,791 comments

"Antony, are we visiting your uncle?" Lucia asked

But I didn't respond to her. We drove for almost 2 hours and arrived at Althorp House. I passed by the gates without anyone stopping me.

"Why are we here?" Lucia asked as I pulled over in one part of the estate and I got out of the car. I know she's watching me cautiously even when I opened her door and offered my hand then we took the kids out of the car.

"Trust me." I said and she accepted my hand.

I led her and the kids through the Round Oval lake and stopped in the middle - overlooking my mum's grave.

"I want you to meet a special woman in my life." I then told Lucia, turning her in the way to see my mum's grave as she was busy looking curiously at my mum's memorial just behind us - I hugged Lucia from behind.

"Lucia, my mum." I whispered "And mummy, this is Lucia, the woman that I'm going to live the rest of my life with." I said. "And these are our children, Tanisha and Theo, you grandchildren." I added.

"Happy birthday, Diana." Lucia said as she puts Theo who stands next to her and places flowers at my mum's grave.

"Happy birthday, mummy." I said.