Chapter Sixty-Four ↡ Into The Future

***Time Skip***

August 21, 2023

9,711,617 likes

9,711,617 likes

avondaleroyal Happy third wedding anniversary to Their Royal Highnesses, The Duke and Duchess of Avondale!

My dear wife, happy 3rd wedding anniversary! - A

Happy anniversary, my love! - L

View all 78,112 comments

10 June 2024

Today, Lucia, and the family gathered at Caernarfon Castle in Wales, where Antony would be invested as the Prince of Wales.

The ceremony began with Antony, led by the regalia bearers, entering the Chamberlain Tower, to await the arrival of His Majesty.

Once the royal family had arrived, the lesser members took their seat in the gallery, but the King and Queen Camilla, led by the Duke of Cambridge, the Lord Great Chamberlain, the Earl Marshal and the Gentleman Usher carrying the Great Sword of State, made their way to the stage where the investiture was to be conducted.

After reaching the podium where the Secretary of State for Wales, carrying the Letters Patent was already standing, the Earl Marshal instructed Garter to conduct the Prince and his cortège from the tower.

As they came to the stage Antony knelt before the three thrones on the stage. During the reading of the Letters Patent in Welsh, the King invested Antony with the girdle, sword, coronet, ring, rod and kingly mantle, in that order.

Antony then declared, "I, Antony, Prince of Wales, do become your liege man of life and limb and of earthly worship, and faith and truth I bear unto thee, to live and die against all manner of folks." Antony then customarily kissed the King's cheek and they embraced. Antony then took his place in the throne at his father's right, before standing to give two speeches, one in Welsh and one in English.