Chapter Seventy-Three ↡ Kambezian State Tour

Day One

King Adon, Queen Sekai, Crown Princess Sade, and Crown Prince Gabriel of Kambezi were officially welcomed by the King Charles and Princess Camilla at Buckingham Palace.

In the evening the King hosted a State Banquet for King Adon, Queen Sekai (in the Ruby Parure), Crown Prince Gabriel, and Crown Princess Sade (in the Emerald Tiara) at Buckingham Palace. Also present were Princess Camilla (in the Delhi Durbar Tiara), the Prince of Wales, the Princess of Wales (wearing the Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara), The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (in the Cambridge Tiara), The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (in the Halo tiara) and Princess Beatrice (in the York tiara).

Day Two

The following day, the King and the Princess of Wales joined King Adon, Queen Sekai, Crown Princess Sade, Crown Prince Gabriel and Princess Eugenie as they unveiled a statue of Queen Mahira at the Kambezian Ambassador's Residence in London.

After a private lunch at Buckingham Palace, given by The King, His Majesty invited King Adon and Queen Sekai to view an exhibition of Kambezian related items, from the Royal Collection, in the Picture Gallery.

In the afternoon, King Adon and Queen Sekai visited Westminster Abbey, where His Majesty lay a wreath at the Grave of the Unknown Warrior. Following the wreath-laying the party took tour of the Abbey.

King Adon and Queen Sekai then visited the Palace of Westminster, where they were welcomed by The Speaker of the House of Commons and The Lord Speaker. King Adon delivered an Address in the Royal Robing Room and attended a reception with members of the All-Party Parliamentary Groups and other guests.

Day Three

In the morning, King Adon and Queen Sekai, accompanied by The Prince of Wales, will visit the Royal Society. King Adon will be presented with the Royal Society King Charles II Medal for his support for science and innovation after which the King will deliver a speech.

In the evening, King Adon and Queen Sekai will attend a Banquet at Guildhall given by The Lord Mayor and the City of London Corporation, in the presence of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. The Lord Mayor and the President will both make speeches at the end of the Banquet.

——

Day Four

"Hello, Lucia." Sekai said, hugging Lucia.

"It's always nice to see you, Sekai." Lucia said as she hugged Sekai.

"We've been planning this visit for awhile now especially since this will be our last state visit as King and Queen of Kambezi." Sekai said.

"What are you serious?" Lucia asked as Catherine, Beatrice and Meghan entered the room.

"Yes, Adon is abdicating." Sekai answered.

"Really?" Beatrice asked.

"How long has he been on the throne?" Meghan asked.

"Twenty-three years but he'll do one more year to help Sade with the transition." Sekai answered.

"He has been an amazing monarch for Kambezi and I know Sade will be just as great of a monarch for Kambezi." Catherine said.

"Thank you, she's been nervous since Adon told her about the abdication." Sekai said.

"There's nothing to be nervous about. Majority of her friends are now monarchs of their own countries. I'm sure they'll be very helpful." Lucia said.

"I have faith in Sade besides we'll be here to help her." Sekai said.

——

Day Five

The Prince and Princess of Wales and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex bid farewell to King Adon, Queen Sekai, Crown Princess Sade and Crown Prince Gabriel on behalf of The King, at Buckingham Palace in the evening.

——

"False alarm...I'm not pregnant." Lucia said as she threw away the pregnancy test.

"Are you sure you don't want to check by the Royal doctor?" Antony asked as Lucia got in bed.

"Nope, that was the fourth negative pregnancy test." She said as she got under the covers.

"But you have the symptoms." Antony said.

Lucia looked at Antony and frowned.

"Antony, do you want another baby?" She asked.

"I don't know...I mean when you told me you thought you might be pregnant. I was hoping for you would be but maybe it's for the best that we don't have anymore children." Antony answered.

"Okay, I'm sorry but we have too much going on for another one." She said as she laid her head on his chest.

"I know but I loved seeing you pregnant with our babies." Antony said.

"Well, there's this thing called photographs and they're all around the house and you can look at them and reminisce  about me being pregnant with our babies." She said.

Antony chuckled.

"Goodnight, Lucia." Antony said.

"Goodnight, Antony." She said.