Chapter Sixty-Nine ↡ Article

Chapter Sixty-Nine ↡ Article #18

Royal seal of approval as Princess Lucia visits National Museum of the Royal Navy in Hartlepool

Princess Lucia is to visit Hartlepool's main tourist attraction and the surrounding waterfront.

Exciting pans for the development of Hartlepool's navy museum and waterfront were given the Royal seal of approval on a visit by the Princess of Wales.

The Princess of Wales spent around two hours touring the National Museum of the Royal Navy hearing about the plans and signed the visitors' book onboard HMS Trincomalee.

Her Royal Highness took a great interest in the site and the next phase of its development to bring more tourists to the town.

It was her first visit to the museum.

Princess Lucia was accompanied by dignitaries including the Ceremonial Mayor of Hartlepool Councillor, and council Chief Executive.

Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales is the new Patron of The National Museum of the Royal Navy.

General manager of The National Museum of the Royal Navy, Hartlepool, said:

"We are delighted to welcome The Princess of Wales on Her Royal Highness' first visit to Hartlepool as our patron. The occasion marks a significant milestone in our journey towards developing a museum with the capacity to exhibit our national collections. This is an exciting time for the National Museum of the Royal Navy."

The Princess of Wales has taken the patronage over from The Princess Royal, who has since retired from public life.