bruises & tears

(WARNING: HOMOPHOBIC SLURS!)

MONDAY

mike and will wake up not wanting to go to school even more than usual. but they both knew theyll have each other all day, no matter what.

as will pulls up to school he can already feel eyes on him and he can feel his face getting hot. he just ignores them and tries to find mike.

luckily he did. he was so happy to see him.
– "mike.." will runs up to mike
– "hey will! are you okay? someone's happy!"
– "yeah.. now i am. people.. people where staring at me.. what if i her bullied today.."
– "im sorry will. everytime i see you.. i will be right next you"
– "i will too" will smiles
the bell rings and they head off to class.

it was lunch time and will hadn't ate since breakfast on sunday. will barely at school and to no surprise, he didn't eat at lunch, manly because he didn't like what it was.
– "baby i know you don't like it but you have to eat something.." mike says looking at will slightly shaking.
– "i-i k-know but-"
– "come with me.." mike takes will back to the stand to get him a muffin.
– "here"
– "ooo i like muffins"
– "i know" mike smiles
– "t-thank you mike"
the cafeteria was always super cold so mike pulls will into him because he was shaking, he also gives will his jacket.

1 CLASS LATER

wills next class was gym. his least favorite class.
he sees max coming back from gym all sweaty and asks her
– "what are we doing in gym today" will rolls his eyes
– "dodgeball"
wills hearts drops. everytime they played dodgeball, it was almost like will was everyone's target.
– "shit"
– "what?"
– "uh-uhm n-nothing"
– "okay?.. see you later"
– "bye max" will sighs and heads to the locker room, which was his least favorite place in the world.

will was always insecure about his body and it didn't help with all the boys making fun of him for hiding in the corner.
will walks in with face down and heads to "his corner."

– "you ready for today will?" a boy jumps out of nowhere infront of will.
– "uh-uhh w-what?"
– "it's dodgeball day"
– "i-i k-know"
the boy gives him a evil smirk and heads back to his locker.
will sighs and almost let's out some small tears on his waterline but quickly holds them back.
once will was all done he slowly heads to the gym and gulps heavily.

will heads on the court and already feels sweat on his neck and his back itching from the fabric of his shirt and his sweat mixing together.

will had no friends in gym which made it even worse. will fiddles with his hands looking around at all the tough, athletic boys and the annoying girls that weren't as athletic but also despised will.
in gym class they had to run 2 laps around the court and had a couple of warm ups everyday, will was skinner than others in his class and weighed a certain amount that was kind of concerning.

after everyone in the class was out of breathe and was already sweating, they headed back to do exercises that the gym teacher assigned.
– "PUSH UPS! GO!" the gun teacher yells. everyone hated the gym teacher, especially will. the gym teacher was never a nice person.
– "HURRY UP GEEZ!" the gym teacher rolls his eyes.
– "15 GRASSHOPPERS!"
the whole class sighs really loud, making the gym even madder.
– "alright.. 30 GRASSHOPPERS!"
instead of sighing, they all roll there eyes, because they knew he would add more.

– "OH MY GOD, MY GRANDMA COULD DO THEM FASTER THAN YOU GUYS! GO! GO! GO!"

they finally finish, looking like they just took a shower.
– "ALRIGHT.. TODAY WE WILL BE PLAYING DODGEBALL! I WILL BE PICKING TEAMS SINCE YALL COULDNT HANDLE IT YESTERDAY!"
he picks the teams and will was the last one to be picked, but he was used to it.
– "oh uh- i guess.. will, your on that team" the gym teacher rolls his eyes not even looking at will whos face is red and has his hands crossed.

the game started quickly and will was caught off guard. will makes it to the very back, trying not to be caught.

thankfully for about 10 minutes, he was left alone. no one seemed to care that he wasn't pulling any effort to help his teammates. the teacher noticed a few times but didn't care.

soon he decided to embarrass will and yell at him infront of everyone.
– "MR. BYERS! DO YOU WANT TO GET ANOTHER F FOR NOT CONTRIBUTING?!"
– "n-n-no.."
– "THAN I SUGGEST YOU GET ON THE DAMN COURT!"
– "o-okay.. y-yes s-sir" will walks slowly, with EVERY SINGLE student in the class looking at him. wills face is literally the shade of red. he is shaking so much and has his hands crossed and is looking down while he slowly grabs a dodgeball off the floor. he looks around with everyone STILL looking at him. he didn't know what to do. he patiently just waits till the looking begins to fade.

thankfully it did but it look a while for people to stop. will was relieved that his embarrassment has stopped.

he thought that it wouldn't do him any good if he didn't throw the ball so he just lightly throws it across the court and misses someone he was aiming at.
– "HAHA LOSER!" the guy shouts out. the guy stares at will for a while and makes it over to his best friend. will notices them whispering something but will just walks off.

then all of a sudden will is being targeted at by the WHOLE other team starts aiming at will.

wills first instinct was to get down and hide his face. he knew the teacher wouldn't help. he was helpless.

the other team grabs as much balls as they can and throws them violently at will. the other team just crosses the line and gets even closer to will. he notices from the corner of his eye, his OWN TEAM grabbing some balls and joining the others. will feels a bunch of tears falling down his red cheeks. he also feels a warm liquid falling through his nose. blood.

– "S-STOP! P-PLEASE!" will tries yelling for help but all it did was make them hit him harder.

the gym teacher finally does something about it.. after 5 minutes of torture for will.

– "ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! THATS ENOUGH.."
the gym teacher gets up from his chair and makes it over to the students. they still didn't listen, until he blew his whistle and yelled
– "HIT THE SHOWERS! EVERYBODY!"
the gym teacher kneels down and sees will. he sees will, with a bunch of tears still coming down and some stained in his red cheeks and a streak of blood on his upper lip.
– "listen.. you can go to the nurse after class"
– "w-whatever" will gets up slowly, and almost slips back down. he whips his tear and blood and limps his way to the locker room. he hesitated walking into there but he knew he had to.

he walks in with everyone staring at him once again. but he just looks down trying to ignore all the homophobic slurs from them.

he struggles to put his clothes on but is stopped by a hand on his shoulder and he flinches as he quickly turns around.
– "w-wha-"
will is soon interrupted and is getting a punch to his face, threw onto the ground.
everyone in the locker room soon joins in on hitting, and punching, and kicking will.
they hit his bruises even more that were soon forming, they hit his nose, making it bleed even more. they kick his stomach because they knew that's the most painful feeling for will. every student was getting there own chance at hurting will.

– "P-PLEASE! S-S-STO-STOP!"
will literally couldn't breathe. he just couldn't. they didn't allow him to even catch a breathe of air.
all of the students just kept doing it. they just laughed about it.
will was almost unconscious, but before he did.. he thought to himself

"i hope i die from this. no one gives a fuck about me. no one cares what is happening. im helpless. im a helpless little stupid kid with no one to help me. no one. why me? why ME?! is it because im a nerd? is it because im a faggot?... well of course it is. i could just die tomorrow and no one would seem to notice or care.. except for mike. god i need him right now. please god! PLEASE! I NEED MIK-"

wills thoughts are interrupted by the last punch they threw at him.
– "I HOPE YOU DIE IN HELL FAGGOT!" a guy shouts out.

will was knocked out. he was unconscious, lying on the floor, with a blood puddle right next to him. the bruises were finally forming on his body.

will was helpless.