secret admirer

will stretches as he gets up slowly, with mike by his side. will squints to look at the clock across the room and reads 7:38.

– "MIKE! MIKE! GET UP! ITS 7:38! YOU HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL! GET-"
– "will.. im not going, im staying here with you. now go back to bed babe"
– "MIKE! GET UP NOW! YOU ARE NOT MISSING SCHOOL AGAIN!"
– "will.. shhh! your in pain baby" mike says concernedly. 
– "i know but you have to go to school!"
– "but i wanna stay with you.."
– "baby i want you to stay here too but.. please.. go to scho-"
will was stopped by a knock on the door.
– "hey! mike are you in here?"
nancy walks through the doors.
– "oh nance? what are you doin here?"
– "common, you have to go to school. i know you wanna stay here with will but you have to go mike"
– "but-"
– "mike.. ill be here right after school"
– "i wanna stay here.."
– "mikey i know baby.. i know.. im ganna miss you but please.. go.. for me?"
– "okay.. ill go. ill miss you too willy. i love you"
– "i love you too baby, ill see you after school"
– "okay.." mike drags himself out of the hospital bed and makes it to nancy.
– "oh will! im so glad your okay! how you feelin?" nancy says
– "oh thank you nancy! uhm.. you know.. i feel sore and basically.. i feel like shit"
– "aww sorry to here that.. hope you feel better!"
– "thank you!"
mikes heart breaks when he hears will say that. mike walks back to wills bed again and kisses him gently.
– "i hope you feel better real soon baby"
– "aww mikey, i love you" will blushes
mike and nancy leave the room and give will a soft smile.
– "goodbye baby"
– "goodbye mikey, see you soon"
mike closes the door and breathes heavily and almost lets out some tears.
– "he will be okay mike. i will pick you up after school and take you to the hospital as soon as possible.. okay?"
– "okay.." mike looks down and they walk out of the hospital but bump into joyce.
– "oh hey mike and nancy!"
– "hey!"
– "is will awake?"
– "probably. he woke me up but he probably went back to sleep" mike says still looking down.
– "oh okay, and shouldn't you be at school?"
– "uh yeah.. im heading there now"
– "oh, well see you later guys" joyce gives them a small smile.
– "oh uhmm.. joyce?"
– "yes mike?"
– "im sorry.."
– "sorry? what are you sorry for?"
– "sorry for kind of stealing him away from everyone, last night.. i feel terrible"
– "no mike! it's okay! we all were understood. i mean he is your boyfriend. wills ganna want you to be there the most. i try to not interfere with your relationship because you.. mike.. your the one person who makes will happy. so i should actually be thanking you" joyce laughs.
– "really?"
– "yeah mike!" joyce smiles again.
– "okay.. and can i come here after school?"
– "of course you can! you can come here anytime, doesn't matter to me"
– "okay thank you joyce!"
– "no problem mike. see you guys later"
– "bye!" mike and nancy wave goodbye and leave to nancys car.

they quickly head to the wheelers house, to get mikes backpack and to put on some new clothes. by this time they were already late. first period was almost 30 minutes over by mike didn't care at all, nor nancy because she understood how upset mike is.

– "alright lets go!" nancy says pulling out of the driveway.
– "ugh" mike groans
– "what?" nancy says concernedly
– "i miss him already and the word is ganna get out that he's at the hospital and they are ganna talk shit today and when will gets back.. my baby.. he's ganna get bullied even more"
– "hey.. if you ever need someone to talk to.. you can totally talk to me. i know we fight a lot but i love you mike and i will do anything for you. just try your best to ignore them.. okay?"
– "okay.. ill try" mike rolls his eyes.

they pull up to the school and mike breathes heavily.
– "it'll be okay mike. see you after school"
– "thanks nance, see you later"
– "bye!" nancy gives mike a small smile.

mike enters the school and first hour was almost ending but luckily no one was in the hallways. mike stopped by the office to get a tardy slip.
– "hey.. can i get a tardy slip?"
– "uhmm yeah! one sec lemme grab one for ya" the office lady goes through her desk and grabs one for mike.
– "so why were you gone?" the lady clicks her pen.
– "oh- uhm.. i-i had a dentist appointment" mike stutters as he quickly thinks of a excuse.
– "alright.." the lady writes the information down and hands it to mike.
– "first hour is almost done so you can head there" the lady gives him a smile.
– "thank you" mike grabs the slip and heads to his first period. still no sign of any students, thank god.

mike walks in 8 minutes before the class ends.
– "do you have a slip?" the teacher says with the whole class staring.
– "y-yes" mike hands her the slip and he looks down while he sits down at his desk. he quickly hears people talking and looking at him but he just sighs it off and continues to his work, none stop thinking about will.

2 classes later mike gets stopped by someone.
– "hey mike.."
– "hey.. uhm?" mike looks confused because he has never talked to this guy.
– "so.. i heard wills in the hospital.."
– "y-yeah.."
– "so hows your faggy little boyfriend, did he die in hell" he laughs.
mike doesn't even say anything and turns around and his lip twitches and he lets out tears. he tries to run but gets stopped by max and eleven.
– "hey? hey! mike! whats wrong!" max says
– "nothing. it's n-nothing max, i gotta go"
– "mike.."
– "WHAT!"
– "mike.. please tell me what happened" max grabs mikes hands and takes him to the corner of the hallway where no one is, eleven following them.
– "what.. happened"
– "someone stopped me in the h-hallway and.. he.. he called will a f-fag and asked if h-he died" mike covers his face.
– "that is so fucked up! WHERE IS THAT LITTLE SHIT! IMA-"
– "max.. don't.. it won't do anything"
– "BUT-"
– "babe, calm down.." eleven rubs maxs back and max exhales softly.
– "im chill.."
– "it's only 3rd hour.. i wanna see my boyfriend so bad!"
– "i know mike.. i know..want me to come with you after school?"
– "y-yeah.. of course.. do you wanna go eleven?"
– "yeah! i haven't really talked or seen my old best friend for along time so.."
they all laugh and they walk to there next class.

lunch was pretty chill. yeah mike and his friends heard some conversations about will but they still tried their best to ignore it.
– "so hows will?" dustin asks
– "uhm.. he said he feels like shit so.."
– "aww man.. i feel so bad"
– "its okay dustin. so do all of you wanna go to the hospital after school? im obviously going and max and eleven are" mike says
– "aww of course i would! lucas?" dustin says
– "yeah ill go! of course! haven't talked to my little nerdy friend in a while"
– "what did you just call him?" mike says playfully.
– "nothing!"
– "nerdy friend? hmm.. sure that ain't you?"
the whole table says "ooooo!"
– "common mike.. let's be real here.. we all are nerds"
they all laugh and continue their lunch.

after lunch mike is still not good, emotionally and he distances himself from his friends and just glides his hands on the wall and lockers. mike hand stops at a familiar locker. locker #67. wills locker. wills locker was a couple away from mikes. mike stops for a reason. he stops to see a note. a note that read

hey will byers. this is an anonymous letter. just wanna say that you should break up with that loser mike and date me. im hot and mikes definitely not. i mean common. when you get back from the hospital, meet me at the back of the building, after school. i will be looking for you everyday to see when we can meet up. i know you want too. also hope your feeling better. you didn't deserve that at all! your beautiful precious face! you are the one will. the one for me.

love, secret admirer