Chapter 8

Minghao's POV

I tucked Bai Lao in after he fell asleep from crying. I kissed him on the forehead and jumped out my window. I tried to be quiet, and I remembered I promised Mingyu that I would be at his house for Jun's birthday party. 'Party? More like a rave.' I thought when I walked up to his door.

I just walked in and headed straight for the kitchen. Where it was slightly quiet, I was wearing something I would never wear through fashion has always been my forte. You can thank that to my older sister, not biological, but we were just that closed, who thinks she knows fashion. I wore tight black leather pants with a white-collar shirt, a black jacket, and a black choker.

 I wore tight black leather pants with a white-collar shirt, a black jacket, and a black choker

(Something like this)

It's kind of dark now that I see myself. I still think my fashion sense is better though.

          I felt a little sick as if I would pass out, but I just shook it off

          I felt a little sick as if I would pass out, but I just shook it off. I faced the counter until I heard a familiar voice calling my name. I turned around slowly in shock with a slight blush on my face. I knew I was trying to avoid him at all costs. Yes, I came here knowing it was his birthday, but I couldn't stay away.

          "Surprise?" I said, not confident and more like a question

          "Surprise?" I said, not confident and more like a question. Before anything could happen, I felt a hand grab my arm, and I hissed a little because my arm was hurting. We were going to an empty bedroom. 'I can't let him see me like this,' I thought.

            We were in the room. By ourselves, alone together. It was quiet and awkward. Then Jun started talking. "Why are you here? Why did you run from me? What are you hiding?" He said in a frantic voice. I stayed quiet and let him continue. "I'm sorry, please take your time, I just want to know where you've been. You scared me after you ran."

            This was the first time someone has genuinely cared about me and didn't force me to say anything that I didn't. He's patient. "I'm sorry for worrying you. I've just had a lot of things on my mind recently and I was scared that it would make you see me differently."

            "Don't apologize Minghao, I'm just glad that you are safe." There's that concern again in his voice. And thinking that I smiled. We continued to sit in silence but this time it was comfortable. I turned to look at him and we had a moment where everything disappeared, and it was just us. I had to admit that Jun was looking even hotter than how he normally looks, but either way he's hot.

            I looked away feeling embarrassed for some reason and stood up when I saw a painting on the wall that intrigued me. It was very abstract, but the story made sense. I felt Jun's presence near me but continued to stare at the painting. "Pretty huh?" Still staring, I just nodded. "Do you know what else is pretty?" I hear him ask and finally I turn to him and tilt my head wondering what he was talking about.

             As soon as I did that, I felt Jun getting closer to me and I took a step back until I hit the wall. Finally, he put both his arms up on the wall on both sides of me. I couldn't help but blush, thinking 'Does he know what he's doing? Is he not embarrassed to be this close to me?' His face continued to get closer to mine so I avoided eye contact with him, and he finished with "You." Shocked about what he said, I shot my head up. "What? Me?" was all I could say. "Yes you."

            Hearing those words, my heart began to beat really fast. "You're kidding me?" I giggled as I wasn't sure he was telling the truth. He then again leaned closer, and this time used his finger to lift up my chin so I could look him in the eyes. "Of course, I am, why would I play with you?" My heart began to beat faster. As much as I liked this and wanted it to continue, I started feeling nauseous, I was lightheaded and pale, I started to see dots, and then everything went black.