Chapter 12

Jun's pov

            As I woke up, I could feel a slight pressure on my chest. I looked down and saw a small Minghao on me. I couldn't wake him up. He seems too peaceful, and it looks as if he hadn't slept in over a week. His scent was my favorite. The soft smell of lavender mixed with honey and raspberry tea in the morning. Yes, a little specific, but I couldn't miss a thing. Especially with him, so I just sat there. I was admiring him as he lay on my chest. Today he was going to be discharged from the hospital and has to stay home for a while to make sure he's outstanding and healthy.

            I just closed my eyes and waited for him to wake up. I wasn't going to force him awake. After all, he looks adorable. His perfect eyebrows, cute button nose, soft pink lips, and dreamy black hair. I've just met him, and he's perfect.' So perfect. I want to hold him and care for him. Make all of the bad things in his life disappear, and I want to make him smile and be happy.

            When I opened my eyes and saw him looking at me, I could feel movement—the way the sun hit his striking brown eyes and glowed on his face. Everything was perfect until I remembered we were in the hospital. I just looked down and smiled at him. "Good morning. How are you?" I asked in a calm whisper. "Good morning, I'm ok." He said shortly and then rubbed his eyes with his lithe hands.

            "You're leaving today. Are you ready?" I asked, still feeling tired. He yawns. "Yes, and I'm excited. I'm not going to be locked up in here." We just sat there. It wasn't uncomfortable. It was just peaceful. We looked into the eyes of each other for what felt like forever was just a minute. I could kiss him right now. 'No! What are you thinking?' I asked myself and got off the bed. "Sorry, I need to go wash up. I forgot last night." That was a lie. "Oh, ok," he said in a cheery mood.

            I go into the bathroom and splash water on my face. 'What are you thinking? You are not worthy of being with him. He's perfect, and you're just you.' I heard a knock at the door and lost track of time in my mind. "Hey, are you ok? You've been in there for quite a while."

            "Yes, I'm fine, just getting dried off." I opened the door to find a sleepy Minghao standing in front of me. "Hey, are you still tired? You can go lay down again. We don't need to leave right now."

            "No, I'm fine. The faster we leave, the better."

            "Ok, sit, and I'll get-go to the front. We will be home in no time." I smiled and walked out. I went to the front office asking if they could discharge him, and they said yes. We signed a few papers, and just like that, we were in the car heading home. "Can we go to your house?" I was a little confused but said yes. "I also need to go to my house to check on my brother. Is that, ok?" I never knew he had a brother. I bet he's a fantastic brother." Yeah, that's fine."

            We got to his house, and he went inside and came back out with a little boy. He looked like he cared so much about him. He got in the car and introduced me to his little brother. "Jun, this is bai you. Bai Lou, this is Jun."

            "Hi, mister." Bai Lou chirped. "Hi, how are you doing today," I asked the cute kid sitting on Minghao's lap. "I'm good. I have my favorite brother with me."

            "I'm your only brother," Minghao said to him, smiling.            We started at my house, and I couldn't help but watch Minghao playing with his brother. He looked so cute caring for his brother. Like a father figure, a cute father figure. We got to the house and walked in.