Chapter 18

Minghao's POV

            When I finished throwing up everything, I had in my stomach for the past 24 hours, I went into my room, tears crawling down my face. Suddenly, I heard the door slam downstairs and footsteps toward my bedroom. It was my dad, drunken and angry.

            For a second, it was quiet. Then a loud noise filled the room as it echoed. My dad came in, nearly screaming and slurring his words. "Where have you been" I flinched a little at his words. "And where is your brother!" he only got louder and louder.

            "He's not here," I said quietly. "What did you say?", once again getting louder. "He's not here!" I screamed. Tears are falling into pools on the floor. I didn't want to raise my voice at him because I knew what he was capable of.

            "You dare raise your voice at your father?" he asked while grabbing my throat. "You call yourself a father?" I was trying hard to breathe in his grip. I tried to fight back, but I couldn't. I was too weak. "Useless is what you are," he yelled, still holding onto me. He just punched and kicked and screamed.

            He got finished and left me on the floor, bloody and bruised. 'I can't take this anymore' I crawled over to my bed and grabbed a box from under.

            In there was a blade. "All the pain will go away. Just do it." I said, whispering as my voice cracked behind the tears.