Chapter 10

Jun's POV

            'Minghao was asking for me? Why?' I looked back at my friends who just told me to go in, so I did. As I went inside, I could see Minghao playing with his fingers like he was nervous; he probably didn't hear me as I came in.

            "Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked in a soft voice, trying not to scare him. He just looked at me. Then he started crying. "Hey, why are you crying?" I said, concerned. " I'm so sorry. I ruined your party. It is your Birthday, and you're supposed to be celebrating it, and of course, I go and ruin it." He said, trying to keep his tears from running. "No, it's not your fault." "You don't know that."

            Then Jisoo came in and told me to come out so we could talk. I told Seungkwan to go in and keep him company. "His blood pressure is shallow. He hasn't eaten in days, and his heart is failing. Do you know anything about this?

          "No, if I did, I would have taken better care of him."

           "Ok, after he goes home, just make sure he eats properly and takes good care of himself." I nodded and headed back inside with the others. They all went to talk to him, and I sat in the chair beside the bed. To make sure I didn't crowd him.

            After about 30 minutes, Wonwoo came with a cake. "Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Junhui. Happy Birthday to you. Make a wish." I sat there and only thought about one thing. 'I want to make Minghao better, and I want to be there for him. Let me have this one thing.' I blew out the candles, and everyone clapped and asked me what I wished for. "That I'll never tell." I said with a smirk.

            Then another 30 minutes went by, and it was 1 hour until midnight. The others went home and wished me a Happy Birthday one last time. I sat beside Minghao in a chair. It was silent, awkward at most. "Jun?" he spoke. "You don't have to take care of me. You should hang out with your friends." he was confused why he said that. "You are my friend."

            "No, your actual friends that won't cause trouble." That hurt. He hurt. "No, you don't. You are amazing, and I won't get to know you more."

            "Really?" He asked, "of course."

            "Move over." He looked at me, confused.

            I gently pushed him and sat on the bed. He was still pale, but a slight blush appeared on his face. "What are you doing." He asked in a cute voice while covering his face. "I'm sitting. Do you not want me to sit here?" I asked, "no, you're fine." I put his hands down with my own and lifted his chin, "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, him blushing more. I mentally smiled. "Tell you what?" I knew what he was doing. "Don't give me that. You're not eating, and you don't take care of yourself."

            "I don't know what you're talking about."

            "The nurse told me, stop lying to me, please." He started tearing up."I'm sorry, I always mess things up, and I didn't want to ruin our friendship." I wiped his tears."Don't cry. You don't mess things up, and you didn't ruin our friendship. I want to become closer to you, and you know you can always lean on me."

            "I'm still so sorry." I looked at him. "Don't be" I grabbed his hand as he laid his head on my shoulder. "Everything will be alright, I promise," I reassured him while rubbing his hand.Minghao picked his head up, wanting to say something. "Jun?" He asked, "yes.""About why I ran away fr-"

            I cut him off. "Don't worry about that. We can talk another time, but for right now, you need to rest, ok?" He laid his head back down and fell asleep. I sat there admiring his perfect face, and after a few minutes, I was out too.