Chapter 20

Jun's POV

            "What does it mean when you are bleeding from your arm?" my smile suddenly fell faster than you could blink, "what are you talking about?"

            "Well, I saw gege, but his shirt sleeves while red maybe he just spilled juice." I couldn't help but think of the worst thing possible, but maybe Bai Lou was right; perhaps he just spilled something. Now I was apprehensive about Minghao. 'Where could he be?' the second I asked myself that I heard a knock at the door. I turned my head quickly and rushed straight to the sound.

            As soon as I opened the door, I could see him wearing a beautiful outfit that he pulled off so well, and I just stared in awe.

            But it wasn't long for me to realize that Minghao had a busted lip, black eye, and red marks around his neck. I quickly grabbed his hand and ran up to my room. Once we got into the room, I pushed him to sit on the bed and then look at the door

            I could tell he was nervous; there was nothing to worry about. "What happened?" I asked, trying to be quiet so my mom couldn't hear it. "What are you talking-" before he could finish, I cut him off. "Don't ask me what I'm talking about. You know what I'm talking about." he sat up with his head down.

            "My dad"

            "What?"

            "My dad did this to me" with those words. I was ready to beat anyone up. I didn't know my fists were clenched in my teeth, grinding. I picked up my phone and started dialing, I remember. "What are you doing?" he asked. "I'm calling Child Protective Services." before I knew it, my phone was out of my hand and then his. "You can't call them."