08 Salem

My lips were red. My eye make-up was too heavy that I could feel my eyelids drooping because of the weight. The eyeliner they drew was too thick and I had the urge to run to the bathroom and wash my face. My lifeless eyes became sharp, wild and scary. My brown wavy hair was straightened until its tip. Nilagyan pa ako ng hair extension para humaba ang buhok ko hanggang bewang. My hair was parted finely on the middle.

I didn't approve on this look. Lahat ay desisyon ni Amara at walang nasunod sa gusto ko. Halos itali pa n'ya ako sa upuan dahil lagi akong tumatayo kapag hindi ko nagugustuhan ang nakikita ko.

I couldn't recognize myself as I was staring at my reflection. They added color to my pale face. My mother told me that I have always looked angelic except for my eyes. My facial features were soft but my eyes lack of emotion, she said.

I was far from angelic right now. Mukha akong mananampal at magsisimula ng away. What I only liked about what they did was, they never made me look older. I still looked like an eighteen year old-- a teenager who screams danger and trouble.

My gown was deep red; not the bright kind that could hurt everyone's eyes. It complemented my milky skin. The color made me glow. It looked like lightbulbs were attached on me. My eyes followed the trail of huge gold beads on the deep neckline of the gown. I wore a skin tone tube because I wasn't yet confident to show that much skin.

The dress was sleeveless. Kung gaano kababa ang neckline ay ganoon rin kababa ang nasa likod. The gown was hugging my upper body perfectly. There were loose gold chains on the waist which made a good overall impression. The lower part was plain-- it wasn't fit or a ball kind of type. It was a little firm and flowy. My heels, clutch bag, bangles and rings were gold except for my nails which they painted black. The contribution of color was just perfect. Ang hindi ko lang talaga kayang sang-ayunan ng buong puso ay ang make-up ko.

I sat on the hotel bedroom and contemplated on going out. Ako kasi ang huling natapos. I received a text from Amara ten minutes ago. She told me she was done. Naghihintay na s'ya sa lobby kasama si Herra and they were already taking pictures. Hindi kami magkakasama sa iisang hotel room dahil gusto daw ma-surprise ni Amara. It was stupid.

My phone pinged again. Kapag hindi pa ako bumaba, talagang male-late na kami sa event.

I sighed and looked at my reflection for the last time. The make-up artists were fixing their things already. I remembered my mother who wanted me to send pictures because I didn't let her come. I didn't want this to make a big deal.

I went towards the elevator. I mentally rolled my eyes when a couple entered the lift with me. Hindi nakatakas sa akin ang mapanuri nilang mata. Few seconds later, the elevator finally dinged. Inunahan ko na silang lumabas dahil ayoko ang tinitignan ako.

I spotted Amara and Herra posing on the grand staircase in the lobby. A hotel personnel was taking pictures of them. They were extremely pretty. Amara looked so gorgeous in her black gown. Herra also stood out with her long blue gown. Noong makita nila ako, they both shrieked so loud. Lahat tuloy ng mga tao sa lobby ay napatingin sa kanila.

It was embarrassing but I still walked towards them. They pulled me and had me stand in between. Halos mabulag na ako sa sunud-sunod na flash ng camera. Amara pulled me to face her and held me by the waist. She made me hold her elbows and instructed me to look at the camera. Herra on the other hand was almost hugging me from the back. We were like posing for a magazine. They were being dramatic and I hated it. It was annoying because the picture taking never ended. They didn't let me leave that damn staircase until they got satisfied with my solo pictures.

I leaned my head on the car seat and closed my eyes. Hindi pa nga kami nakakarating sa venue pero sumakit na ang ulo ko. This was a bad idea.

Humiwalay na si Herra sa amin dahil may dala rin s'yang sasakyan. Amara was behind Herra's car. Buti nalang at hindi gaano ka-traffic dahil male-late na talaga kami. It would take twenty minutes for us to arrive. The venue would be the famous function hall of the town. It was pretty huge and I bet that it could accommodate us just fine.