27 Salem

Today was my birthday. Nineteen years old na ako. There wouldn't be any celebration happening. My mom wanted me to throw a party even if it was just a small one but I refused. Sino namang pupunta? Amara and I haven't fixed our problem. Herra already called me and said she was in Singapore for her brother's wedding. Liza, Jenn and Kiko wanted to visit my house but...well, I still wanted my friends to be complete.

Isa pa, Caius haven't called me. When I told Jenn about it, she convinced me that she was just preparing a surprise. That was not a very Caius thing to do, though. But I hated how she got my hopes up.

The doorbell rang and I got up on my feet quickly. Caius has been visiting ny house ever since I introduced her to my mom. Minsan magugulat nalang ako dahil pagkagising ko tuwing Linggo ay nandito s'ya para mag-grocery silang dalawa. Para akong nagkaroon ng kapatid dahil nahati ang atensyon ni mom sa aming dalawa. Whenever he was here, the house was just loud and bright.

I was still wearing my pajamas even if it was almost lunch. My mom didn't go to work to cook something for my birthday. Hindi ko na s'ya pinigilan dahil wala naman akong makakasama sa araw na 'to. For goodness' sake, my boyfriend haven't greeted me and it was making me real mad.

The moment I opened the door, I was startled when Liza, Jenn and Kiko were standing by the gate as they yelled the happy birthday song. Natigil pa ako sa pintuan ng dahil sa pagkabigla. They were even wearing party hats. May mga lobo pa silang hawak.

Napailing ako. Agad ko silang pinagbuksan ng gate. Jenn and Liza attacked me with hugs and kisses. They were so touchy.

That was what I noticed about them. They were so clingy and touchy to each other. They looked like in a relationship but then, they started being too clingy to me as well. Hindi ako nakakatakas sa mga pahalik-halik at yakap nila sa akin. They became too comfortable towards me. Wala na silang pakialam sa katahimikan ko.

I still have four years to endure with them. I'd have to admit that having them made me a little at ease.

"Happy birthday, Salem!" they greeted me in unison as they showered me with their kisses. Kiko hugged me quickly on the other hand. Mukha ngang napilitan lang s'yang magpunta dito, eh. Buti nalabg at tumigil na s'ya sa pag-uupdate kay Zach.

It was their first time going to my house. Ang tagal na nilang gusto na magpunta sa bahay pero lagi akong may excuse. They'd be so loud. Sapat na 'yung naiingayan na ako sa kanila sa school.

Well, what would I expect. They got along with my mother pretty well. Pati sa mga pinsan ko na kanina pa nananahimik ay nakasundo nila. Amara probably went out with her boyfriend again okaya ay nahihiya lang s'yang lumipat dito para batiin ako.

Sa ikatlong pagkakataon, muli kong sinilip ang cellphone ko. There wasn't any text from him. Kagabi lang ay okay naman kaming dalawa. We texted until 10 PM. Ngayon ay kahit good morning text ay wala akong natanggap. I tried to call him but he wasn't picking up.

"Wala pa rin?" tanong ni Jenn na nakasandal sa balikat ko habang nanonood ng movie. She was munching some crackers I prepared.

"Wala pa." I said and hid my phone.

"He's probably preparing a birthday surprise for you. Don't think too much." ani Liza na nasa kabilang side ko. Aien was sitting on her lap and eating quietly.

They were putting my hopes up. Ayoko talagang mag-assume pero alam ko naman sa sarili ko na umaasa ako kahit papaano. Caius wasn't the type to surprise me with anything or whatever. Clingy lang s'ya. He was vocal with his feelings. He was honest and he liked hugging and kissing me. Sapat naman na sa akin 'yon kaya wala na akong hinahanap pa. Pero ngayon ay may kaunting parte sa puso ko na umaasang may inihanda nga s'ya para sa akin.