Family Time

Harry's first week at school in his own time was surprisingly brilliant. He was, with no surprise to himself, the instant top of all his classes. He would accept nothing less of himself. He had been avoiding Evangeline expertly, but there had been a few close calls.

The closest being when she had finally cornered him and tried to make a show for him, when his house mates came up.

His father though found him Friday wanting to spend the weekend with him and he accepted. Which is where he found him self at this moment with the three Marauders.

"So how was your first week, Pup?" Sirius asked.

"Good, but everything has been easy so far. I actually have to use my wand." He sounded incredibly put out and Sirius snorted, though he wasn't the only one.

"Merlin forbids." He threw at him with a smirk and Harry pouted.

"It's so much effort."

"And doing everything wandlessly isn't?" James returned, only half in mocking.

"No! It's so much simpler; you only have to direct your magic then."

"I'll take your word for it." Remus  said.

"Have there been any other problems?" Sirius wondered.

"No, nothing, unless you count Evangeline."

"She's bothering you already? I'm not really surprised. She has been brought up waited no hand and foot, nothing has ever been denied to her because of her status and it hasn't changed over the years." Sirius said in disgust.

"It shows." Harry said.

"Harry," James warned "I know its hard but she is your sister." James finished, and Harry knew the feeling; Sal would have strung him up for his decorum!

"Sorry dad." Harry said as his dad held him close. After time with Godric, Harry was use to the attention.

"What am I going to do with her though?" James said into Harry's hair, "she gets worse everyday."

"Prongs relax I know its hard she will learn soon," Remus stated sipping his tea.

"Moony's right," Sirius added.

"Ya but it will be hard to see the truth." Harry muttered.

"So it is you who took the curse," Sirius exclaimed making James tense up. Harry didn't give them a direct answer just sat there content next to his father.

"Want to see what I brought back with me?" Harry asked changing the subject.

"Yes!"

He snapped his fingers, bringing his trunk to him and opening it up once he had got up off of the couch. He dug out some of his old styles robes and some of the gifts he had received from the Founders, telling them about the stories behind them with a happy sort of sadness. He was telling them the story of how he had shot Salazar as they admired his bow when Spero made her presence known through a stone her secret passage through the castle. Thanks to Salazar and Rowena. Sirius, who caught sight of her first, made a sound bats would perceive as a signal to them and physically leaped up and over the sofa again. Harry was momentarily bewildered, but when he caught sight of what had caused such an extreme reaction he roared with laughter, hunching over and struggling to breathe.

"You brought her with you." Sirius stated, eyeing Spero like she was about to eat him, despite her small size.

"Yes. Salazar gave her to me as a gift for my eleventh birthday. I wasn't going to leave her behind." Harry told them.

"But they are all slithery and hissy and snakey." Sirius said, shuddering and Remus and James muffled their own laughter when Harry replied with "It's because they're snakes." He cast a mild warming charm on his robes at the top of his arm, using the directional version of the spell that Row had showed him. Spero slithered back up, seeking the additional heat and settling back to sleep. Only then did Sirius deem it safe to return to his seat.

"Boy Dumbledore would freak when he sees."

"Yes it would be something to see him try to get her killed since she is a version of a Basilisk."

"Shes a want?" James and Remus said.

"Yes an experiment gone wrong so she was sent to the Imbetween then I get her and we bonded," Harry told them absentmindedly petting her.

They then spent most of the day together laughing and getting some plans for pranks. It came to a sour end when Evangeline waltzed in followed by Dumbledore.

He spanned the room and his eyes fell upon Harry and then Spero "I am excited to see you gathering together though I was bummed out to find Evangeline alone."

"Dumbledore you have-I tried to find her this morning but couldn't."

"Well its all good have some family bonding. Harry is that your snake?"

"Yes sir," Harry answered with venom.

"It is not safe for a snake and it is not acceptable pet for school."

"Yes it is, she will listen to Harry for they are bonded" James stated getting a shocked look from Dumbledore.

"I am working with Uncle Dumbledore to do the levitation spell." Evangeline mocked to the table "you know he says I will be the most powerful one out of class by the end of the year since I am working with second year."

There wasn't much talk for there wasn't really anything to talk about. So Evangeline tried to get more attention instead of her brother.

"Dad I have been thinking I know I have many years of practice but I need someone to spar with," Harry added.

"Really well I don't know the first thing" James said "I can ask around, you think you can master?"

"Don't know till I get some practice."

"Well maybe I could try see where you are at though I am not a master. Your grandfather was."

"Really?"

"Yes what about you Evangeline would you like to learn?"

"What swards and stuff like that? No thank you that is for Muggles." She responded with a very discussed look.

"Well it is always fun." Harry told her getting a huff from her. He finished off dinner relatively okay and then sought out his dorm room to do some reading and recuperating.