4: Lessons and Flying

Harry stood walking to the now mandatory dueling class. He followed Draco and Theo to the room, small chatter stayed with the students.

The chatter stopped as his father stepped onto the platform. "Now class, quiet down, this is obviously dueling. It is a mandatory class just like flying. Today we will get into pairs that I assign and go over the tradition of duels. So we'll have Thomas and Zabini, Davis and Dunbar..." One by one each Gryffindor student and a Slytherin student.

Harry stood with Draco and Theo off to the side not really paying attention till he heard his name. "I have to work with her," he whispered in anguish.

"You're one to talk; I got Longbottom."

"I guess I'm the lucky one with Greengrass."

"Shut up Theo." Harry and Draco both said with said teen chuckled when they split off.

Harry slowly meandered through the pairs making his way to the bushy hair teen. Silently Harry just stood near her while waiting for what his father was going to do. To sum it up, Harry was bored out of his mind. James went over things he knew since he was six with Ric and to top it all off he would let Harry get out of any of it. It's like he wasn't seeing him.

Hermione whenever given the choice, talked his ear off with trivial things about duels which he knew it all. Thank you very much.

By the end of class, Harry was beyond annoyed with everything; he got out of the class as quickly as possible. He needed some down time badly before his next class which was after lunch so another visit to the chamber was in order.

"You're back youngling," the large Basilisk spoke as Harry entered Her chamber.

"Yes I am, I need a break from the students."

"Mm" She hummed, "someone has been trying to gain entrance recently."

Harry looked up to her "Really?"

"Yes, speaks like a snake but isn't blessed with it."

"Have you seen him?"

"No youngling I never leave this chamber when his presence is near."

"Be safe then, I wouldn't want you to get hurt."

The large snake hissed a laugh as Harry made the declaration. "It is you youngling I am worried about. He isn't here for me but to hurt you and this castle."

Harry hummed snuggling into a chair in the lounge to read one of Salazar's various books. This one was about one of his trips to the amazons, Salazar ran into a native tribe which was fascinating Harry to no end. By the time Harry came to a stopping point in his reading, he put the book back on its shelf as it was spelled to not leave the chamber, and headed off his next class was in five minutes. He met up with Draco and Theo who immediately asked where he ran off leaving Harry to smile at their worried looks. Before the lesson began, Harry had promised the two teens to show him next time he goes. Which also reminded his room when he was with the founders.

"Come on Harry!" Blechly shouted as Harry entered the quidditch pitch after dinner that night.

"On your brooms!" Captain Marcus Flint shouted from up in the air, "new year brings new tactics and team members. We only have a few short minutes till the tryouts begin."

Harry quickly summoned his broom joining the rest of the team this year there is only one position opened and three back up positions. Including the back up Seeker as Higgs graduated. After flying around the pitch a group of Slytherins all trying out for the positions; Harry spotted both Draco and Theo in the stands as neither wanted to try out for Keeper, Seeker or Beaters.

One by one each student tried out for the positions and by nightfall the Slytherin team was filled and ready for the season. Though with an odd occurrence of Severus Snape wanting a list that night of each position.

"Here you go Professor the list of each players for this year," Marcus said handing the list over to their head of house.

"Thank you for the promptness, I will have him look it over." And he left the Common room not answering any of the questions the Slytherins threw at him about who's looking over the list.

After a while later the Slytherin's gave up wondering and continued with the night festivities. Which lasted the rest of the night filled with an excited party ready for the Quidditch Season.

*13 days till Halloween! To start off the countdown is this chapter and the next will be When Blood Come Calling tomorrow. Our goal this year from today till Halloween is to post a chapter everyday and on Halloween we will post a new completed story. Thanks for the reads and hope you enjoyed!*