Chapter Three

'Return'

Dumbledor sat at his desk, reviewing letters and newspapers. The newest edition of the Daily Prophet had contained a gruesome article of 'Hades' most recent murder. 'Hades, who are you?' Dumbledor thought. This assassin had made his first appearance almost five years ago. He killed mercilessly, making sure his victims suffered. The hunger for power inside Dumbledor hadn't been quenched since the defeat of Grindelwald.

Now he had Evan Potter, who with the help of the famous Dumbledor, would defeat the dark wizard Voldemort. However, things were not going well. So far Evan had only just managed to escape Voldemort in his fourth year through sheer luck.

Dumbledor sat in silence as he thought about his recent lack in glory, Hades had taken the spotlight on every newspaper.

"Albus!" Minerva McGonagall called, as she entered his office, holding a letter.

"Yes Minerva?" Dumbledor responded, the twinkle in his eyes returning. She quickly dropped the letter in front of him and began explaining as he read.

"We have a boy wishing to enter our school for his fifth year in order to complete the OWLs. His name is Hadrian Black, he scored full marks on all of the entrance exams" she stated as Dumbledor read the letter.

He hadn't known there was a Black heir. To his knowledge, no one had ever heard of Sirius Black having a son.

"Well, the term starts in a week Minerva, it may be too late to accept him" Dumbledor stated, a false look of sympathy and sorrow crossing his face.

"It's quite alright Dumbledor. Mr Black has already bought any and all equipment he needed for the year. He will be perfectly fine to arrive this term" she replied sternly.

"I've already taken the liberty of sending an acceptance letter to him" Minerva said as she started to walk towards the door, unaware of the momentary annoyance that flashed in Dumbledor's eyes.

***

One week later

A tall, muscular boy walked onto Platform 9¾. Eyes turned towards him as he gracefully yet powerfully moved towards the train. No one had seen him before, he was a new curiosity. His pitch black hair placed messily over his forehead, slightly over his eyes. He wore a tight black shirt that revealed his toned body and black ripped jeans. His pale complexion contrasted beautifully with his killing curse green eyes. Eyes that flickered between the onlookers as a delicious smirk formed on his lips before he stepped onto the train.

Hadrian Black had sat in an empty compartment, taking care to place a locking spell on the doors. Officially, his name was Hadrian Potter, though he preferred to go by Black. He felt that it bought him closer to Sirius, the one person in his life who had acknowledged him, cared for him, loved him. It also helped to have an identity that his idiotic parents and brother wouldn't recognize. Everyone believed that Harry Potter had died at Privet Drive. Harry Potter had died, only for Hadrian Potter to be born and thrive in his new life. A life of killing, manipulation and sin.

Carefully, Hadrian reached into his pocket, taking out a tiny suit case before enlarging it back to its regular size. He was only sixteen, yet his magical power was stronger than that of a fully grown adult.

Opening it, he carefully retrieved a copy of The Daily Prophet. The front page was dedicated to the assassin Hades' newest crime. A pureblood couple, murdered brutally in their own home. Hadrian look at the black and white pictures, smiling at his work. No one had known due to the multitudinous cover-ups but the pureblood's had been on trial for abuse years ago. Whilst Hadrian did find immense pleasure in killing, he didn't kill randomly, not yet.

Hadrian slowly relaxed into his seat as the train started to move at a steady pace. Sleep almost managed to consume the boy before a loud knock was placed on his compartment door. With a frustrated growl, Hadrian stood up, removing the charm before opening the compartment door.

He was greeted by a ugly, fat boy with flaming red hair that looked too flat on his round head. He held himself as if the world grovelled at his feet. Another ginger boy stood behind him, a smug look plastered on his freckled face, with a girl whose messy brown hair fell past her shoulders. The two boys looked at Hadrian like he was dirt on their shoe, the girl giving him an apologetic glance before looking down, before speaking to him.

"This is my compartment." The redheaded boy announced. Hadrian let a sigh escape his lips, he had hoped for a quite year where he could complete his OWLs unbothered but alas.

"I don't see any name on the door, so it's fair game" Hadrian replied, relaxing back into his previous seat. The two boys looked furious, no one talked to them like this.

"I'm the Boy-who-lived! I've defeated Voldemort! And my mummy's a professor, so I can get you kicked out!" He yelled, obviously not used to being disagreed with.

"I highly doubt you'd be able to refuse a chocolate bar, let alone defeat Voldemort" Hadrian said in a bored tone.

"He's Evan Potter! How dare you speak to him!" The second boy yelled, a few other students were beginning to crowd around, searching for the source of yelling.

"I don't care if you're bloody Merlin himself" Hadrian responded rolling his eyes. So, this fat lump of a spoilt brat was his brother, Hadrian thought. That probably meant that the other ginger was Ronald Weasley, Evan's lackey, and the girl must be Hermione Granger. Hadrian grimaced at the thought of being related to Evan.

A chorus of gasps ran through the growing crowd as everyone heard Hadrian's response. News of the argument had probably spread to the teachers on the train as very soon a woman began approaching, dismissing students back to their own compartments as she did. Eventually, she halted in front of Hadrian.

"You shouldn't be starting fights, young man! Let alone with Hogwarts' best student" she said sternly to Hadrian, flicking a strand of blazing red hair out of her face. "Who even are you?" She asked, questioning why she had never seen this angel like boy before.

"Listen, I was simply minding my own business, when a pig tried to kick me out of this compartment" Hadrian responded, ignoring her later question. The charming smile he wore as he spoke didn't match the murderous glint in his captivating eyes or the cold, intimidating undertone in his voice.

"Mummy! Kick him out!" Evan yelled, clutching onto the sleeve of the woman's robe.

'So this is my mother? And she teaches at Hogwarts' Hadrian thought humourously, as a smirk formed on his face.

"N-not now Evan. We're almost at the school anyway." Mrs Potter stuttered under Hadrian's intense gaze. She quickly ushered her son and his friends away, leaving Hadrian to change into his robes.

***

"Devils hide behind redemption"