Chapter Nine

'Revelations'

Evan, Ron and Hermione raced up the castle's stair in an attempt not to be late to the Order Meeting. Without warning Dumbledor had called a large meeting, asking for every member of the Order to arrive.

"What do ya think it's 'bout?" Asked Ron as he slowed his pace, panting from running so far. They could now see the stairway to the headmaster's office, and no longer saw a point in running.

"It must be something important if it's this urgent. They're calling us here at 4 o'clock " Hermione quietly responded as Evan shouted the password. As they entered the office, they were consumed by noise. Everyone was frantically whispering or yelling to those around them, only Dumbledor was silent. However, as soon as the old man saw Evan, Ron and Hermione he quickly silenced the room with a wave of his wand.

"Everyone, please settle down. I have called you here because the dark assassin Hades attacked Diagon Alley just moments ago" Loud gasps echoed around the room, followed by more whispering which once again was silenced by Dumbledor.

"Kingsley, if you will explain" Dumbledor commanded, his eyes twinkling as he beckoned to the pale Auror.

"He was so deadly. His power was unimaginable, wandless and wordless magic, Headmaster. He killed my newest Auror, we didn't stand a chance. But his appearance was what stood out. His eyes..." Kingsley shivered at the mention of those cold, hypnotising eyes. Hades was certainly insane.

"He had white hair, not blonde, white. He was pale too, wearing a black half skull mask. Muggle clothes, jeans I think they're called and a shirt." The Headmaster nodded in acknowledgement. The members of the meeting had grown pale at Kingsley's description of the assassin. They all feared this powerful assassin, yet knew it was their duty to exterminate the dark magic that plagued the wizarding world. All except Evan, he believed that he was the most powerful wizard, not even this assassin could compare to him.

"So! Why don't we just find him and take him down! I can certainly defeat him!" Evan boasted, bringing a smug grin to both Ron and James's faces. Dumbledor, who was beginning to doubt the power of the-boy-who-lived, simply smiled and nodded. Evan's magic barely surpassed a first year's, yet Dumbledor couldn't be wrong, Evan had defeated the Dark Lord and would do it again.

"I believe we should find this assassin and come to terms with him or defeat him before Voldemort gets to him. There is no doubt that Hades would be a force to be reckoned with when on the wrong side of this war" Dumbledor announced, receiving nods and murmurs of agreement from the room. He popped another lemon drop into his mouth before dismissing the Order, aside from Sirius, Remus and the Potters.

"James, Lily, Remus, Sirius, could you stay a minute" The Headmaster asked in a cheerful manner.

"Professor! I want to stay if mummy and daddy are staying!" Evan bellowed, turning to look at the few occupants left in the room.

"Of course, Evan my boy" Dumbledor replied in a grandfatherly tone, his eyes twinkling. He then turned to the potions professor who had been waiting in the shadowed corner of the office. The Potters, Sirius and Remus soon turned to face Severus aswell, not hiding their disgusted looks as they noticed him.

"Snivellus, what are you doing here?" James asked, his nose turned up in arrogance.

"Headmaster, I believe I told you that I only required to speak to Black" Snape drawled, ignoring the offended look on the Potter males' faces.

"Well Severus, they are practically family to Sirius" The Headmaster replied, his mind racing at possibilities, too busy to concentrate on this meeting.