Chapter Ten

'Allies'

Lucius Malfoy, donned in his Death Eater apparel, sat at a large rectangular table in Malfoy manor. The blonde had anxiously been awaiting a Death Eater meeting since he heard word of his Lord's state. Whilst not having a physical body, the Dark Lord was, apparently, very much alive. Like all others, Lucius had been sceptical until he felt the familiar burning sensation of his mark. Few of his Lord's inner circle were present, with the Lestranges in Azkaban, it was only himself, Barty Crouch Jr, Peter Pettigrew and Quirrel.

Whilst using Quirrel's body as a host, Voldemort was able to obtain the Philosopher's stone, however until he had the resources for the necessary ritual, he couldn't not gain a physical form. Voldemort was trapped inside the quivering form of Quirrel. Luckily, he had a plan.

"My faithful followers" Voldemort's cold voice hissed out from under Quirrel's turban.

"I have a ritual which will restore my body, however it requires the blood of those who previously vanquished me" He continued hissing, pausing to allow his followers to mutter and whisper.

"Yess, I need the chosen one's blood!"

This only enticed the whispering. Potter was well guarded, none of his Lord's followers would be able to enter the castle.

"My lord, allow me to get the boy! I have polyjuice potion ready!" Barty begged. He had be trying to get out of the manor for weeks, especially after being held under the imperius for so long.

"No! First we must rebuild our forces. Yes, we must break them out of Azkaban" Voldemort snapped, causing the present Death Eaters to flinch. Normally, Barty speaking out of turn would warrant a cruciatus curse, however the effects of the philosopher's stone were slowly returning Voldemort's sanity. He still was not as sane as before the creation of his horcuxes but he wasn't the madman everyone had feared.

"My Lord, if I may, I saw a potential ally today" Lucius Malfoy stated, remembering the events of Diagon Alley. Lucius could still feel the burning pain of the curses used upon him by the pshycopath. With a nod from Voldemort, he continued.

"The assassin, Hades, attacked Diagon today. He is incredibly powerful, it would do us well to have him on our side"  Voldemort thought for a while, weighing out the options.

"Find me information on this assassin! I must plan the break out" Voldemort concluded, abruptly ending their meeting.

***

"Hadrian Black! Please" Sirius shouted once more into the silent hall. No one had moved since he first shouted his possible godson's name. Sirius prayed he hadn't left or was elsewhere. Luckily, his prayers were answered when the boy stood from the Slytherin table. Lily let out a cry as he stood, she could only hope that this boy was her son, hope that she hadn't really sent her son to his death.

"Auror Black, Professors," Hadrian addressed, watching them with a bored, annoyed look settled on his face. Sirius smiled, his supposed godson was so handsome, though he looked little like James. Sirius almost chuckled at the thought of what a happy life they could be living together, the whole family together.

"I- is that you Harry?" Lily whispered, holding her hands to her tear stained cheeks.

"Would you prefer to speak outside, Professor?" He asked, glancing at her teary eyes and shaking form, which by now everyone had noticed.

"Yes. Evan come here!" Said James firmly, still glaring at Hadrian as his large son dislodged himself from the table and ran up to them.

Once outside, they moved to Lily Potter's classroom, where they could speak in private. Hadrian was certain they had already convinced themselves that he was Harry Potter. They were of course correct, though Hadrian didn't agree. He wasn't Harry Potter. Harry was a part of him, the part that clung to the idea of family, the part that wished for his parent's love, the part that had suffered through the Dursleys abuse. The part of him that the Dursleys had eventually killed though their continued beatings and insults. Hadrian was what was left. Forged from the fires that Harry died in. He was merciless, cruel, definitely not family material.

Even if he admitted to being Harry, would he even want to be the Potter's family. They had abandoned him, condemned him to this misery. In Hadrian's mind, they were no better than the Dursleys. As these thoughts flooded Hadrian's mind, a cold malicious sneer grew on his face.

Lily Potter let out a deep sigh that expressed all her guilt and anxieties about this confrontation, not aided by Hadrian's cold glare.

"A-are you Harry?" She finally released a broken cry, tears once again threatening to trail down her face. The boy in question quickly turned his attention towards her.

"Harry who? Black? Snape? Weasley?" He sneered, a mocking smirk appearing on his face as he glanced at her face.

"It certainly can't be Potter. I only know of one Potter child, and surely a prestigious light family such as yourself wouldn't abandoned their own child" He continued, spitting out the words venomously, watching their hurt expressions.

"Now look here boy!" James growled out in his rage. How dare this snake mock him like this! Hadrian, almost flinched at the last word, however managed to maintain his calm facade, only allowing his face to shift into anger.

"James- Please..." Lily gasped, her body shaking as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Him! A Potter! No way! That slimy snake doesn't even deserve to be out family! He probably planned this so he could take my spotlight and our money!" Evan suddenly yelled, overcoming his initial shock at the idea of Hadrian being his long dead brother. Evan's large, round face was contorted disgustingly in his rage, creating a great resemblance to a pig. Lily watched as her son yelled, she had never truly realised how rotten Evan was until the prospect of Harry being alive arrived. Compared to her possible son, who stood in front of her, Evan was truly spoilt. He was much larger and less muscular than Hadrian. He was constantly bragging and relied on others and his influence to conquer situations. Hadrian was cunning, smart, powerful, everything she had hoped for in her children. Remus managed to silence Evan with a scathing glare that left the boy shuffling his feet and watching the floor.

"Please- we- we gave him away, to my relatives. My lovely sister and her husband took care of him until her murder. They were so nice, taking him in, looking after him for us, loving him for us. I- we shouldn't have given him up. Please- is it you Harry?" Lily whispered, looking down at the ground as Sirius and Remus held her closely.

Hadrian let out a shudder as he tried to reason with his rage. He eyes filled with anger and madness as he heared what Lily said. They believed that, they truly believed that the Dursleys loved him. He let out a crazed laugh, drawing everyone's eyes back towards him. A crazed smile grazed him face whilst sorrow filled his eyes as his laughter subsided, leaving him shaking in humour. As if it had never happened, Hadrian let out a sigh and the smile and any traces of laughter vanished, replaced instead by an accusing glare.

"You really think they did that?" He snarled, his steady, low voice sending shivers around the round. Though this was quickly lost to the realisation that Hadrian Black was indeed Harry Potter. Of course he was, he recognised the Dursleys thought Lily, grinning with joy. Her son was alive and well. However, in her joy, Lily Potter forgot the anger that laced Hadrian's voice, the accusing glare, the clenching of his fist.

"Harry! Oh Harry! It is you!" Lily cried with Remus and Sirius as she quickly rushed forwards to give him a hug. Sirius was overjoyed, his godson was alive and here! He couldn't wait for all their fun. In fact he couldn't wait to hold his godson once more, neither could Remus. However this act of love was shut down as Hadrian raised a hand, stopping the bouncing Sirius in his tracks.

"You're all so naive and ignorant" He chuckled, obviously amused by their attempt at affection. Everyone was shocked by his behaviour, however they weren't allowed time to think about it, as Hadrian's next question filled the silence.

"Did you mourn?"

***

"But he who dares not touch the thorn, should never crave the rose"