Chapter Thirty-Three

'The Final Strike'

The elegant figure of Tom Riddle stepped from the mist that was surrounding his body, as soon as his foot hit the ground of the graveyard, the darkness that he had appeared in vanished into nothing. His red eyes flickered towards Hadrian, softening for a moment before they slowly trailed to the shaking boy beside him.

"The Boy-Who-Lived, finally about to die," Voldemort chuckled, flicking his wand at the quivering boy, forcing him into a kneeling position, his knees landing harshly on the ground with a crack. Evan yelled out, a son escaping his mouth before he attempted to talk.

"W-who are you!" He yelled, tears already pushing through the dirt that covered his face, leaving clean tracks of moisture behind them.

"I am Lord Voldemort!" Tom laughed maniacally, Hadrian joining in with a deep chuckle as he moved towards his lover.

"B-but you're a p-person, not a snake thing!" Evan cried out once more, his words barely audible between his sniffling.

"Well, why don't you let your brother tell you how that happened," Tom smiled cruelly, the one thing Evan Potter treasured more so than money or power was fame. Potter adored the attention that the world presented him for being the Boy-Who-Lived, the Dark Lord couldn't wait for the truth to destroy the boy.

"You see Evan, Tom and I did a lovely little ritual to restore both his sanity and his appearance, I'm sure Dumbledore told you of it," Hadrian explained, watching Evan grow confused, "Though, perhaps not. Since the ritual can only work between two people prophecized to defeat each other. Yes, the Boy-Who-Lived and Voldemort." He continued, a wicked grin painting his face as he watched Evan Potter's face twist into disbelief.

The redhead looked at his brother in shock. The world had seemingly froze as his mind puzzled around those crooked words. They couldn't be true could they? Evan had always been the Boy-Who-Lived, whilst Harry had just been a nobody, not even a background influence. But what he knew of the world had already been destroyed, for his brother wasn't a nobody, his brother was a deadly assassin who had killed his friends and allies. His brother was a follower, or maybe even an equal, to the Dark Lord. No, Evan shook his head, Dumbledore wouldn't lie to him. But, suddenly, Potter began to doubt even than. Dumbledore was incredibly wary of Harry, he had always been so, was this the reason? Harry did seem like he would fit the role, he was powerful, deadly, strong, popular. He was the exact opposite of Evan. More tears tracked down Evan's face as his whole world crumbled apart.

Hadrian watched his brother with glee. The boy who had ruined his life along with the rest of the light, was being ruined.

"Why, why are you with him!" Evan screamed out, snot and tears dripping down his face, his eyes were red and puffy. He looked horrible.

Hadrian thought carefully about his words, but decided actions would be better. His hand drifted towards his sleeve to reveal the Dark Mark that was permanently etched into his pale, scarred skin. He hadn't wanted the mark,  after all he had no intention of following Tom at the time, yet now he would gladly accept it and the madness that it had forced into his mind. His hand had just grabbed the sleeve, an action that Evan hadn't missed, when Tom grabbed his chin roughly, pulling him into a heated kiss. Evan's eyes widened in shock as he watched his brother kiss Voldemort.

"Hades, I believe we have more pressing matters," Tom breathed as he pulled away from the kiss. Hadrian nodded, looking intently at Evan, his wand gripped tightly in his hands. Tom focused on his lover, moving to position his head on Hadrian's shoulder, Circe using their contact to move onto Tom's shoulders.

"He'sss all yours," The Dark Lord hissed, his mouth inches away from Hadrian's ear.

"I hope you rot in hell, Evan Potter." Were Hadrian's final words as he slowly pulled out his signature knife, stepping closer to Evan, and beginning his work.