Chapter 38: A much-needed closure.....

hello dearies......

I know a lot of people must be angry with me as I have delayed the chapter.......but sorry guys I was really busy.....

I hope you could forgive this miserable author.......

and getting back to the story...

happy reading...

________________________________________________________________________________

4 am.....

MANAN's room.......

rays of sunlight streamed into the room through the floor-length windows and onto Nandini's tear-stained face effectively breaking her light slumber...she abruptly opened her eyes and looked around the room....her gaze fell on the wall clock which showed 4 am......

sigh...it was only an hour since she slept...day by day it was becoming increasingly difficult to sleep without a certain someone's tight grip on her... she had really developed a very dangerous habit...

she gently got up from the bed and went inside the bathroom....she gasped hard seeing her reflection in the mirror......dark bloodshot eyes.....tear-stained puffy cheeks....swollen lips and disheveled hair......in short she looked like a mess...

she closed her eyes to take a deep breath and proceeded to get ready....after she made herself presentable she quickly went downstairs leaving a note for niyonika so that she doesn't worry........

after half an hour she halted her car and got down......calming her agitated nerves she encouraged herself one last time before walking straight ahead.....

feeling confident with each stride Nandini paused after reaching her destination....there in front of her was a beautiful headstone with an intricate carving on it........

Aradhya Murthy

beloved daughter, sister, and a kind friend

finally....after all this time.....she finally managed to see her di without any guilt burdening her shoulders....she leaned forward caressing the name on the headstone.....

" d...di...." she uttered like a prayer closing her eyes......

" i .......i.....missed.....you......" she muttered as a lone tear slid past her eyelids...

no....she won't cry.....not anymore....she thought as she quickly wiped the stray tear away and smiled brightly........

" aap....ko pata hai di.....yaha aate waqt na maine bohot socha tha.....apne aap ko bohot mentally prepare kiya ki jo bhi hojaye main bilkul nahi roungi....i will be strong.....par dekhiye na aap ko dekh kar.....pata nahi kyu...." she sniffed as a pain-filled expression covered her face......

" bohot gussa hona aap mujhpe....aur hona bhi chahiye.....main aaj tak aap ko ek baari bhi dekhne nahi aayi.....bohot hurt huye hongena aap......"

" par aap ko pata hai....i tried to come bohot baari......lekin jitni baar bhi koshish karu uss gate ko cross karne main himaat hi nahi juta paayi...." she said glancing at the entrace........

" kahi na kahi dar tha mujhe ki agar wo cross karlungi tho uss reality ko accept karna padega jisse main har din bhaagthi thi.....mere guilt ne mujhe kabhi uss gate se par aane nahi diya.....i...i was not ready to let you go.... just yet...." Nandini spoke reminiscing the past........how every death anniversary she used to stand outside staring at the headstone but never coming inside......

" lekin insab ke beech main ye bhool gayi ki i was ignoring you.......ignoring your love.....hurting you....aaj tak main aapke pyaar ko ek sacrifice samajh rahi thi di......agar manik nahi hota tho shayad main ye baat kabhi realize hi nahi kar paati....leki aab mujhe pata chala main kitini badi galti kar ne jaa rahi thi......kaafi hurt kiyana maine aap ko.....apne aap se door kar ke....lekin..i will make it up to you....uss din se leke aaj tak jo bhi hua i want to share every incident of my life  with you.....aaj se aap mere past main nahi mere present main rahogi.....bachpan ki tarah aaj se meri har choti se badi baat aap se share karungi.......i will live for the both of us di......" nandini said smiling went down the memory lane narrating every incident of her life to her di....

malhotra mansion 7 am....

niyonika malhotra was in the kitchen preparing all the favorite dishes of her baby girl.....she was extremely worried about her princess as she was very much sensitive in such matters....her babygirl has already suffered so much but yesterday was the limit......it took her a great amount of will power to restrain her hands from knocking some sense to her so-called best friend and brother........

she just wanted to rush to nandini's side and comfort her but she knew she had to step back....it was manik's right to be beside her in such a time......she knew they needed to completely show their vulnerable selves towards eachother........although reluctant she managed to control her emotions and asked manik to follow nandini........

she had a slight apprehension that what if manik couldnt be able to handle her.....but the moment she saw him practically sprinting towards his room as if his life depended on it she knew she made the right decision.......they both will be able to overcome this together........

but that dint stop her from worrying about nandini all night....after all she was a mother.. so how could she not be worried about her babygirl.......so, as a result, she was now in the kitchen ready to pamper her princess.......

she quickly went upstairs and knocked on their door.....one twice thrice.........she frowned when no one answered.....thinking nandini must be sleeping she slightly opened the door and peeked her head inside to see the bed already made.......she entered inside to find no one.....

she checked the bathroom but didn't find her........tension started gripping her nerves as Nandini was nowhere in sight.....she looked around the room and her eyes eventually landed on a pink note placed on the bed....

she went closer to read the content.......

a compilation of guilt and misery.....yehi tho thi meri zindagi.....lekin ab aur nahi......it's time to make amends ma.....it's time to face the past and let go of the guilt once and for all.......

aapki princess

finally......finally her baby girl is moving on..she has never been this happy before.....how much she prayed for this day to come......and now when it's happening it feels so surreal...her princess's sufferings will finally end........she thought as a wide smile spread on her lips........

she heard the voice of raj and looked up only to see her worried husband......she handed him the note without uttering any words.....she saw him looking at the contents before breaking into a wide grin and hugging her tightly in happiness while thanking their stars for watching over their children........

____________________________________________________________________________

how was it.......?

what did you guys like the most......?

isn't niyonika like the ideal mother.......?

I know you guys were expecting the confession but I think before the confession nandini needs to have closure regarding her past.......

by the way, i am planning to end the story soon...max 3-4 chapters remaining.....

do vote comment and follow......

with love

Devil's_symphony