chapter 39 : forgive....i won't be able to do that......

hello dearies.....

how are you guys......?

sorry for taking so long......

without any further ado happy reading.......

________________________________________________________________________________

after spending enough time with her sister nandini returned to malhotra mansion with a new found determination.......she entered the living room to see niyonika sitting on dining table with a sad pout....a smile formed on nandini's lips seeing her cute mother - in - law.....

" niyo ma " she called.......as soon as niyonika heard her voice she turned towards her....seeing her princess she rushed to her and started rambling....are you all right princess....? what was the need of going alone.......? you could have asked us to accompany you we would definitely not mind.......? and also where is that idiot son ? he should have accompanied you......? etc.....

seeing niyonika's non stop rambling nandini shook her head and cut her off " mom mom.....ek second please calm down......first of all i am fine....in fact perfect....and second i know if i asked you , dad or manik you people would have readily agreed to come but this was something i had to do myself......"

niyonika nodded in understanding but with a slight hesitation asked " are you really fine......"

hearing her nandini smiled and nodded......seeing that smile niyonika knew that she was fine as after so long she saw nandini's real smile.......a smile which wasn't just displayed on the lips but the one which reflected in her eyes.....

tears brimmed at the corner of her eyes but niyonika controlled herself not to spoil this precious moment...even though she tried her best to hide them but nandini was able to see through it......she stretched her hand to cup her cheeks but was stopped by an unwanted voice.....

nandini and niyonika turned to see vishnu and swara coming in their direction....swara rushed towards nandini......seeing swara coming towards her nandini subconsciously took a step back which managed to stop swara in her tracks.....

swara looked at her daughter painfully as tears continued to flow through her bloodshot eyes.....nandini looked at her and vishnu.....both were looking worn out....they looked like they have been crying for a long time....seeing the miserable state of her parents her heart clenched....even if she was a forgotten daughter for them but still  they were her parents......

" nandu....baccha hume maaf karde.....humse bohot badi galti hogayi...." swara pleaded tears staining her face.......listening to the almost unfamiliar voice filled with love nandini subconsciously held niyonika's hand.......

seeing nandini , niyonika took her phone and dialed manik's number....before the call connected nandini shook her head and cut the call...." i need to do this myself ma....i have to do this alone " nandini spoke.....she had to this herself.....she had to give a proper closure to herself before standing by manik's side.....

nandini looked into swara's eyes.....she could see the guilt and pain in her eyes....she could see the desperation in both her parent's eyes to not lose their only daughter....they must have realized she thought........

this...this scenario....how many times had she imagined such a day to come....all these years she kept imagining of the day when they realize their fault.....she kept thinking how it would happen......what would she do......will she be angry at them.....? will she ask them as to why they took so long......? will she be hostile towards their efforts......? will she let them into her empty heart......? will she forgive them.......?

all these years of pent up emotions......anger , guilt , sorrow evey negative emotion  that overwhelmed her....she had no one by her side to fully depend on.....yes she had her friends but how much will she burden them with her pain..... they too have their own pain to deal with....she was a desolate person with not even a trace of warmth in her life so the most ideal scenario was her forgiving them so that she could have them back in her life........

but now.....however....it felt different.....she felt....nothing......yes...no anger no pain no hatred she just felt nothing....she knew why exactly it was......

" galti...aap logo ko itne saal lag gya ye realize karne keliye......" nandini mocked....

vishnu looked down ashamed after all what she said was true......they did take too long......

" all these years i kept waiting for you both to notice me....to recognize ki i too needed  you.......but you two.......you two were so busy mourning for your dead daughter that you din't even realize ki apki dusri beti ek zinda laash ki tarah jee rahi thi......" she spoke..........

swara gasped placing her hand on her mouth crying bitterly.....what did they do....? they destroyed her........

" jaan se zyada pyaar karthi thi main di se.....leki aap ne.......aap ne tho unhike death ka ilzam laga diya mujhpe........" nandini spoke as a tear left her eye........

" app logo ki wajah se main khudh ko zimmedaar maanne lagi....leki asliyat main tho aap ko sirf koi chahiye tha apni beti ke mujrim kehne keliye....lekin iski wajah se main apni khud ki nazron main gir gayi......" nandini spoke reminiscing the past.......

" ab aur kya karna chahte hai aap......i have had enough of you and your blame games....ab aur nahi....sab logone bohot efforts dale hai mujhe guilt se bahar nikaalne keliye isliye main vo purani wali nandini nahi ban paaungi....waise bhi waha mera koi tha hi nahi.....leki iss nandini ke paas mumma papa hai...ek understanding husband hai jo use jaan bulata hai.....aur duniya ke  best friends hai....aur di bhi....insab ko main chodna nahi chahti......."

" aur rahi baat aap ko forgive karne ki tho mera dil itna bhi bada nahi ki main app ko forgive kar paungi....i am sorry....i will try to be cordial with you guys lekin isse zyada mujhse kuch bhi expect mat kariyega......" nandini concluded........

swara staggered back in shock but vishnu held her firmly nodding at nandini......they were devastated knowing that they lost their daughter but he knew they were the one who mentally killed her....so they had nothing to say in their defense......

vishnu held her hand and left....

niyonika held nandini's hand tighter to give her the much-needed assurance....nandini smiled at her....

" i am fine mumma......" nandini spoke.....niyonika widened her eyes hearing nandini's way of address for her....althought nandini used to call her niyo ma it still felt a little distant to her....but now hearing her princess call her so intimately she felt surreal....

" What did you say....." niyonika stammered unable to believe......

" mumma.....you are my mumma na isliye......" nandini spoke grinning.......

" yes yes....i am......" niyonika spoke tearing up but this time from happiness....

" accha mumma mujhe bohot bhook lagi hai....." nandini spoke carassing her tummy while pouting.........

hearing her niyonika face-palmed her self " rab ji main tho bhool hi gayi.....bohot bhook lag rahi hogi na meri princess ko....chalo main ne tumhari favourite dishes banaye hai......"

with that she took her to the dining table....after seeing the dishes nandini cutely demanded for her to feed and niyonika happily obliged....the breakfast went merrily for the two malhotra women.....

________________________________________________________________________________

how was the update.....?

what did you like the most.....?

do you agree with nandini's words.......?

next update will be in a few hours.......

do vote comment and follow.....

with love

Devil's symphony