The Major Arcana.

List of abbreviations in the story:
(Name)-Your name
(h/c) - hair color
(e/c) - eye color

Major Arcana.

Trump cards, Points on life's journey

"Okay (Name), it's Japan. You're finally here. In the kingdom of anime and great food and technology..." A beautiful (h/c) colored hair, and (e/c) colored eyes kept telling herself as she and the group of people she came with walked down the Tokyo's airport, towards the exit.

"Dear students. Please make yourself comfortable and enjoy your next year of studying in the amazing Japan."

She looked at her classmates and knew that this year will be just her and her, hopefully, future best friend drinking sake all night at some club, or a one night stand with a random hot Japanese dude, even if she was the most anxious person she knew.

She mentally laughed at her own thoughts. "Who the hell would want a witch as a friend?" She asked her own brain.

In front of them sat two people.

"Kon'nichiwa. I am Hamasaki Ayano, and this is my younger brother, Haru. We expected you. We will be your guides."

(Name) hesitantly followed everyone, while her whole mind was carried away by the magical place she was in. She could feel it in her bones that there is some sort of energy... One she's too familiar yet distant with...

She listened to all the indications of Ayano, keeping in mind the way one should behave and act, how the classes are like and how they will accommodate. They will have separate room/apartments next to their school. It wasn't a big building... "Maybe 3 floors high? But it is quite nicely placed, next to a 24/7 shop, a library and a coffee shop." (Name) though.

"I didn't remember your name..." Haru said, looking at the (e/c) girl.

"It's (Name)."

"Well. You will have the room 15. Here are your keys. Unlike American dorms, there is nobody here to check if there's the opposite gender in the same room with you." He said with a wink. Her anxiety levels rose so high they touched the surface of Mars.

But she gulped and smiled. She said a thank you and searched for her place.

But Haru looked as she went on her way... Something in his stare was... menacing...

She entered her room and put her luggage aside. She firstly needed to lock the door and go to toilet. After some time, she looked around the house. It was a small kitchen with a dining room that acted like a living room too, a tv  and a couch in the middle of it, a single bedroom, opposed to the kitchen, with a queen size bed and a gigantic wardrobe and a desk, and a bathroom next to the kitchen.

"Just like I want it." She said, plopping in the bed.

Tomorrow was April and schools in Japan start around then... She hugged her fluffy pillow for a while thinking how will she befriend anyone... For that nobody cares about her back in America... Barely her parents...

She shrugged off the negative thoughts and went away with a new chore. She started cleaning the luggage and putting everything in their own place.

After finishing it all, she got a small red silk bag, and revealed it's content on the bedroom's desk.

She pulled a deck of beautifully illustrated cards. Tarot cards to be precise.

She pulled 3 cards, thinking about how will Japan affect her.

The first was the 9 of swords... The past. It was a nightmare. Being bullied, hated, and called names... All were ordinary things for her... But also painful. She then revealed her second card.

The Wheel of Fortune. "THE CHANGE IS HERE!" She exclaimed, happily to reveal this card. With all the positivity, her second card was.

"Death." She said. The then took another one, to help her explain what death means here.

"The Lovers." She said to herself, thoughtful.

She managed to glue it all in two theories. Either she'll die for love, or her love will change her forever...

"What love though?" She asked herself, as she put the deck into her future backpack, prepared her new uniform from Ayano and plopped herself in the bed.