The Cups

A.N. I frankly would name this chapter: 101 ways to make your son hate you by Kakyoin's mother. But I wanted to do something fun here... Because sadness will come back one day... Also I accidentally published it before finishing sorry.

The Cups

Element: Water

It represents: Emotions, Feelings, Relationships

Kakyoin opened the door to his house and shouted: "We're here!"

The slender feminine figure (Name) recognized as Kakyoin's mother rushed as fast as she can.

"Hello... I am...Orla." She said breathlessly.

"I am (Name)." Said the girl.

A man, slightly shorter than Orla appeared. He had dark hair and amethyst eyes just like (Name)'s classmate.

"Masaru. Hajimemashite, (Name)!"

"Hajimemashite, Masaru-san."(Nice to meet you, Mr. Masaru.)

"I have a present for both of you, since Mom taught me it's polite to bring something when I go somewhere." She took out a bottle of an quite expensive champagne and a box of chocolates.

"She's so well educated. Nori you can learn something from her."

"Mooooooooooooooooooooooooom!" The boy groaned. Both women laughed.

"He actually is very well mannered, mrs. Kakyoin."

"

Is that so? He doesn't act too much like it." She said.

Once (Name) took off her cardigan and her shoes, the mother asked the children to walk with them to show the house. She started with the upstairs, and Noriaki rushed to his bedroom, whispering loudly "Shit shit shit."

"I TOOK YOUR BOXERS TO THE LAUNDRY ROOM!"

"IT'S NOT THAT I FORGOT TO VENTILATE."

"Oh yeah it smelled like hormones, you're right."

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

(Name) giggled. Orla looked at the girl and said "Am I too mean to him? I just want him to know and that I love him."

"May I call you by name? Instead of Mrs. Kakyoin?"

"I expect nothing less."

"Noriaki is a sweet child. He loves you a lot, Orla... He didn't die because of you. He loves his mother a lot..."

"I know but... As a child he was very reserved... I don't know why... He told me he had a friend... I can't remember his name but... He was named after I told him about a trip with his father to India... Where an Indian Gypsy, Maitreyi Avdol, did me a tarot reading."

"Maitrey?" Asked (Name)

"Avdol?" Noriaki asked as he was now with them.

"I recall her name well because her brown eyes had hypnotized me then... But I'll tell you more later. Let us finish the tour."

(Name) remembered something from her past, about her own mother...

.•°•~~~~~~~~~~~~~•°•.

At a black marble table sat a woman in her late 20's holding a deck of tarot cards. "Mom... Who taught you?"

"When your grandmother was alive, when I was 9, a woman knocked on our door. She just moved there. Later on we found about her origins... But we didn't care. My mom was a child of an Wiccan and Orthodox marriage. She knew both paths, religious and magical. So, of course, when our new neighbor was here, she started telling us about her powers. The tarot reading and a power I can see but only your dad possesses."

"Why?" The girl asked.

"Because I was meant for other things... Not those. I was chosen to help people figure out their paths."

"Will I do that too?"

"Of course, my Priestess. But let me finish. The neighbor taught me to use astrology and tarot."

"Like you teach me now!"

"Exactly. But she also taught me about those things I'll tell you when you'll be older... Because I was scared at 10 when I first saw them... Let alone you, at 7."

"But I won't get scared!" The youngling protested.

"You won't get scared like you said you won't get scared when I'll show you the tarot cards and you saw the Devil?"

"Well... It's the devil mommy."

"That's not the idea... And so, I learnt all I could until she moved to Egypt, because she said her future self will need to be there. After some years I found out she had a boy, and then they moved to India."

"Is she still alive?"

"I don't know... To be honest. She hasn't sent me any mails after 15. She heard about my parents and the tragedy... And she gave me these decks. One for me and one for my daughter, she said. All her predictions were right."

"What was her name?"

"Maitrey."

.•°•~~~~~~~~~~•°•.

"Also, darling...I'm not showing you this house because I want to show off, I don't want to show off at all to be honest, but because I do expect you to come here more often... So you should know the house I believe." Said Orla, taking (Name) out of her trance.

The living room was large and had big windows so that light could pass easily through. There was no television, but there was a faux fireplace. A table in the middle with some empty teacups and a teapot were left there. "I decided to have a tea while the meal is cooking. I don't know if Kakyoin told you, but my husband prefers Western traditions more than the Japanese ones. And I fell for his culture too, and then we fell for each other."

"Awwwwwwwwwwww...." Replied (Name).

"Shall we?" Asked Masaru coming from the kitchen. "The food needs 30 more minutes. I'm sorry for the waiting, but it's the first time me and Nori are cooking this surprise for you to say so..."

"You shouldn't have bother yourselves with something big."

"Well. I heard that you offered yourself to donate blood for Nori when he was in the hospital but couldn't. And that's our payment for your kindness. He told us you're the kindest person he met."

Noriaki excused himself when he saw his father called him for some help with the food, Orla came closer and said "And frankly... I would like you to be there to protect him from Jotaro... As a mother... I feel something uneasy when I see them together..."

"Don't worry, Orla... I will protect your boy."

"You're a strong girl... I like you a lot. I'm glad Noriaki met you."

(Name) smiled, and sipped some tea. When the cup was empty, some fragments of leaves were on the cup's bottom, forming 3 hearts.