03|Royalty Friendship

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"The course of true lovenever did run smooth

never did run smooth."
~William Shakespeare
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Freya sat in the windowsill, Loki across from her, their legs entwined as the summer sun shone down on them as they read their books. Freya's head rested against the yellowish stones as she imagined the world that hid inside the leather-bound book in her hands.

"Loki. Freya." Both siblings turned to find Thor standing a few feet away, cradling his hands "What did you do now brother? Did you burn yourself using Mjölnir again?" Loki asked, half closing his book as he pretended to sound annoyed "Please do not tell mother." Thor whispered, tears falling from his eyes and racing down his cheeks.

"Of course we won't." Freya moved her legs so Thor could sit between her and Loki "Let me see your hands." Loki sighted as Freya took his book from him and bookmarked it before putting it next to her book against the wall. Thor quickly climbed on the windowsill as Loki took Thor's hands in his own, before he gently blew some cool air at them. Freya had her hands resting on Thor's shoulder as she observed her brothers' actions carefully.

Thor examined his hands carefully "Thank you." He wrapped his arm around Loki tightly and pulled Freya into the hug as well. And because of the hug, they couldn't see the smiles that they each wore.

Freya tugged her black trench coat, that she had borrowed from Natasha, tighter around her thin frame. She wasn't cold, just anxious, a feeling that something would go wrong. The redhead gently nudged Freya, before she took some steps forward, towards Steve.

Steve looked up to look at them both "When I came out of the ice, I thought everyone I had known was gone. Then I found out that she was alive. I was just lucky to have her." He looked back at the ground "She had you back, too." Natasha offered as Freya smiled weakly "You both had each other again."

A brief second of silence "Who else signed?" Steve looked up at them again and Freya looked down, allowing Natasha to respond "Tony. Rhodey. Vision."

"Clint?" Steve wondered "Says he's retired."

"Wanda?"

"TBD. I'm off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There's plenty of room on the jet." Natasha said, even if she knew that Steve wouldn't come with them "Aren't you going to sign?" Steve directed his question at Freya who smiled sheepishly "Political immunity is what they are calling it. They get to decide wether I am allowed to stay here and be an Avenger." Freya moved her hands in her pockets as she looked up at Steve.