04|Chained Fear

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"People always fear what they don't understand,and that fear turns them into monsters

and that fear turns them into monsters.
But we can't let it turn us into monsters, too.
We have to be better than them."
~Zari Tomaz
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Freya and Lagertha sat on the golden castle wall, overlooking the royal gardens. Their hands were entwined between them and Freya's head rested on Lagertha's shoulder "Rey." Lagertha said, trying to get Freya's attention before she lightly shook the princess' shoulder "What?" Freya peered up from their entwined hands as Lagertha looked down mischievously "Come on, let's go on an adventure." Lagertha moved from the wall so she was hanging on the outer side.

Freya looked around cautiously before shaking her head at the other woman "I cannot, I have my duties...." She trailed off as Lagertha rolled her eyes and extended her hand towards the petite princess "Come on Rey." They stared at each other for a long second and Lagertha nodded her head encouragingly. Freya grabbed Lagertha's hand and climbed to the other side of the wall.

Bucky smiled kindly at the vendor as he took the bag filled with plums. In a black cap and casual jacket Bucky walked along scanning around. Across the street he spotted a vender that should have been in his mid twenties at a news-stand watching him.

Bucky glanced away, then looked back at the vender who was still watching him. The vender ran from his kiosk as Bucky walked over and picked up a newspaper. On the front page there was a surveillance-photo of a man and the head line read 'Winter Soldier cautat pentru Bombardmentul din Viena'.

In that second he tensed, people would be after him now. Even if he was innocent, that didn't matter. He had to run. He had to survive. He strode through the streets back to the apartment he had called home for the last three months. His eyes looked around alerted to see if anyone was coming after him.

He walked up the stairs and opened the door, only to stop in his tracks. A few feet from him, stood the blond man he hadn't seen since Washington D.C., since he had dragged him from the water. The man he had read about in the museum he had visited.

Steve slowly turned around to face his childhood best friend "Do you know me?" It was a simple question, but held so much weight for the Brooklyn boys "You're Steve. I read about you in a museum." Buck answered, as Steve heard something through his comms "I know you're nervous. And you have plenty of reason to be. But you're lying." Steve set down Bucky's journal, and the brunet released a breath. He didn't want Steve to read everything that was scribbled in the red leather-bound book.

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore." Bucky tried again, speaking the truth "Well, the people who think you did are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive." Steve said after he heard Sam's voice through the comms again lThat's smart. Good strategy." Bucky nodded a little to himself, planning his escape.