18|The Fall of Asgard

A/N:
Warning, mentions of self harm in flashback. If you ever feel the urge to do this to yourself, feel free to talk to me. I won't tell anyone else. I'm here for you.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"We'd stared into the face of Death, and Death blinked first

You'd think that would make us feel brave and invincible.
It didn't.
~Ricky Yancey
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Freya walked through the halls of the castle. She and Fandral had gone on a date that had taken longer than they had expected so Freya wandered through the dark halls of the castle.

The woman stopoed walking as she heard soft cries coming from Loki's room.

Freya carefully pushed open the door "Loki?" She stepped into the room and the sight in front of her made it feel as if her heart was ripped out. Loki was sat in the middel of the room, a few selfinflicted cuts on his forearms.

"Loki!" Freya rushed forward, as Loki looked up alarmed. Freya took ahold of her brother's forearms pressing her hands against the cuts. Her blue dress got stained in the process. Not that Freya could care.

"I'm sorry." Loki hiccupped as Freya looked at him, pulling soms bandages towards them "You needen't be. You promised you stopped." Freya whispered the last part as she bandaged his wrists carefully "I-I do not....I did not mean..." Loki cried again as Freya looked at him kindly, yet stern "Promise me that next time you will come to me." The boy nodded solomnly, before looking at Freya questoningly as she smiled weakly "Of course I will stay." She brushed soms of his hair from his face and pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead. Loki was pulled into a tight hug by Freya, his head tucked away securly under her head. His cries stiffeled in her neck as her chin rested on his head, slowly calming him down.

The next morning she would have to put the current dress underneath the rest of her laundry. After all, Freya had promised Loki she wouldn't tell anyone, not even their mother.

"You and I, we're two sides of the same coin sister. Maybe one day you will understand. If you live." Hela sneered as she threw a black spear at Freya, who narrowly dodged it. Thor aimed lightning at Hela, it didn't affect the older woman at all. Hela grew a sword and slashed at Nanna, who narrowly  blocked the attack with her Dragonfang.

Hela pressed forward, she was stronger than the Valkryie Queen. The sword started piercing Nanna's shoulder as she tried to push it away from her. Brunnhilde charged at Hela, who turned to look at the other brunette.

Brunnhilde only slashed once with her Dragonfang before she slid down to her knees and away from the Godess of Death.

"You want Asgard?" Thor asked Hela as he moved to lay down his sword "Whatever game you're playing, it won't work. You can't defeat me." Hela looked at Thor, ready to strike, but the plan had worked "No, but he can." Thor waved at Surtur, who had just exploded through the roof of the castle and kept on growing. Hela's eyes widened, by no means had she expected the plan to be the fulfilling of the prophecy of Ragnarok, the end of the Gods "No. No!"