07|Safe Heaven

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Though my soul may set in darkness,it will rise in perfect light;I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly
to be fearful of the night."
~Sarah Williams
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Freya had watched the fighting go on through the window. The woman continued picking at her left hand during the whole ordeal, apart from the times she would prevent a car or debris from hitting one of her friends too hard.

At that point, Freya was about ready to do anything so that she could leave the battle field. The way they all used each other's weaknesses against them made her sick. Why was it that the ones she loved would at some point or another end up fighting and leave her torn in the middle?

Perhaps it was a miracle that in that exact moment. Thor and Jane had a fight, ending their relationship. For in those moments that Freya thought of different excuses to run away, the perfect one had appeared. Her elder brother longing for his sister's wisdom and kind words.

Freya?

Yes, brother?

I need your help

With what?

I'll explain later

Freya looked out of the window for a moment, they would be alright. They were the Avengers, it was going to be okay. Even Freya found it hard to believe her own lie. Something inside her said that someone was going to get seriously hurt.

With a rock in her stomach, the woman teleported to Greenwich, apparently Jane, Darcy and Erik had moved there for their work, and Thor had probably been visiting them after leaving Xandar.

The rain poured down on Freya and she immediately created a telekinetic umbrella. Nidhogg huffed angrily "What? How was I supposed to know that it was raining?" Freya looked at the little dragon who glared back at her, puffing a bit of fire out of his nostrils "You are strangely dislikable." Freya walked forward, squinting to find her brother.

Nidhogg poked Freya's neck, so she would look in the right direction. Thor was sat on some park bench, in the rain, completely soaked and he looked completely miserable. Freya immediately started walking towards the slumped figure of her brother.

Freya took a seat on the bench, her telekinetic umbrella expanding so it covered Thor as well "Hello, brother." Freya whispered just loud enough to be heard over the rain "Hi." Thor grumbled "What is wrong." Freya asked carefully "I broke up with Jane." Thor grumbled and Freya raised an eyebrow lightly tapping her brother's shoulder, as if saying 'Sure, whatever you say' "I swear I dumped her." Thor defended and Freya nodded slowly "Of course, I believe you." She did not believe him.