Prologue

Trigger warnings for this book: eating disorders, self harm, mentions of rape, mentions of suicidal thoughts
Strong language used
If you find any of this concerning this book may either not be for you or read at your own pace. Messages are always open : )

Freddie wasn't Harry's but he acted like he was, he certainly loved him like he was. Freddie was from a one nigh stand and yes, Louis hated himself for it.

Louis has always wanted kids but he felt terrible for making Harry look after the biggest mistake of his life, the one night stand. Tonight was going to be the first night Freddie stayed at Louis and Harry's place. Sure, Louis was allowed to have day visits but a sleepover was something totally different.So it was a given that Louis was freaking out but Harry seemed to be excited.

Harry loved Freddie and wanted to raise him with Louis like a normal couple. That was concept the older boy couldn't wrap his head around.

Liam had been crashing at their place the last few months, Liam was just as excited as Harry. It was shocking but true.

The alarm went off as the clock flashed '8:30 am'. Louis groaned into his pillow as the boy in his arms began to stir. Harry chuckled lightly. "Mornin' love." The curly haired boy hummed.

"Mornin' baby." The slim boy said wistfully. No matter what was happening waking up next to Harry always made him smile. He pulled the other closer to him as he buried his head into the crook of Harry's neck.

"You know what day it's?" The younger boy hummed happily. Louis knew exactly what day it was but he didn't want it to be, so he played dumb.

"5th of March?" He questioned softly. Harry chuckled and jabbed him lightly in the stomach with his elbow causing Louis to groan. "What was that for?" He said angrily.

Harry didn't say anything he just turned and glared at him. "You know I'm happy you have a son so stop acting like you're not to make me happy. I've always wanted kids, this our chance." Harry said avoiding the bright blue eyes of the other boy. 

Instead of words the boy just smashed his lips into the others. Harry knew it was his way of saying sorry and thank you. Once the pulled away Louis just let him self get lost in Harry's eyes, he swiped a lose curl from the boys face. "I'm going to miss this hair when you cut it." He frowned softly.

That was followed by a comfortable silence in the room. "Freddie is coming in two hours, we better go make brekkie." The younger boy hummed happily as he let a small smile slip over his face.

Once the boys had reached the kitchen it was 9:15. Louis had slipped on a light grey hoodie and a pair of black joggers, his glasses making his sight slightly better. He walked into the kitchen with his hands deep in his pockets and a large yawn escaping his lips. Harry turned from his place at the stove, then grabbing for a warm mug of tea handing it to the boy.

"Mmh thank you baby." He said softly as he took a sip from the mug. Liam sat at the small breakfast bar half a piece of toast in one hand and his phone in the other. As soon as Liam heard Louis his eyes pricked up. "What?" Louis said in a sassy tone as he glared at Liam.

A smile spread across Liam's face. "Is Freddie still coming over?" He asked in a giddy tone.

Louis rolled his eyes. "Yes Liam, why it matters to you, I don't know."  The boy huffed as Harry came and wrapped his arms around him from behind as he swayed slightly.

"He's just excited Lou." He said softly. He then spun the boy around to show him the meal he had just made for him as he gestured for him to go sit down.

"Thank you baby." He said as he eased the mug into his left hand and picked the plate up with his right as he sat next to Liam. Honestly Louis and Harry treated Liam (and Niall) a bit like their own son.

By the time they had all finished eating and Louis had cleaned up the clock was reading 10:15 and Freddie was meant to arrive any moment. Almost as on queue the buzzer rang. Harry lifted his eyebrows to Louis indicating for him to get it.

The small boy slowly made his way to the door, his glasses still on his nose and his sleeves rolled up revealing his tats. He opened the door, behind it stood a worried looking Briana, she instantly looked shocked at what Louis was wearing.

She tilted her head in question. "Lou, it's 10:15, you should be showered and dressed! Should I be reconsidering? This isn't just a game, it's a big deal Lou." She huffed angrily.

Louis rolled his eyes in annoyance. "I told you before, don't call me Lou. It's a Saturday morning, I'm allowed to lounge around and I know it's a big deal. It will be fine, Harry is here so you can just enjoy your night." He deadpanned as he took the bag from her hands.

"Sorry, I'm just worried, i haven't left him for this long before." She said trying her best to fake a smile. "No smoking or swearing in front of him, leave him with Harry when you go to smoke." She added quickly, the boy nodded in agreement.  "'Kay, I've texted everything to you. I'll be back mid day tomorrow." She hummed before pushing the stroller to Louis and turned away.

"Hiya bubba." The boy cooed as he unbuckled him from the pram and lifted him over his head. Freddie almost instantaneously started to cry, they were in for a long day.