Chapter thirty four

The next few days were hard. Louis seemed to be emotionless to the whole situation but at this point he seemed to be pretty emotionless to everything and with everything he had gone through who could blame him. He was acting as if he were empty. Everybody seemed to notice the pain in the small boys eyes yet nobody knew why.

Harry hadn't been told directly but he knew. He sat there with Louis and held him tightly whilst the boy cried for hours after he got the phone call. They sat there for so long that eventually Liam came searching for them. Since then Liam had been pestering Harry with questions. And to Harry it was like salt in the wound even though it wasn't his child.

On the outside Harry seemed to be handling the situation fabulously. However, everyone has their breaking points and you could practically hear the small creeks of warning in Harry.

It was mid day and Louis' washed out eyes were beginning to flutter open as Harry stroked his hair softly. "Good morning, love. I brought you tea. Would you like something to eat?" Harry hummed sweetly knowing the answer would be no but he had to try.

Louis just shook his head slightly as he began reaching for the mug of steaming tea. "Careful, it's hot." The green eyed boy said softly as he swiped the hair from Louis' forehead.  Harry knew he shouldn't have expected an answer, for the past few days it had been like talking to the sky.

"Alright, I have to go out and get some groceries. Do you think you will be alright here for an hour?" Harry said kindly as he scanned the room for his shoes. To no shock there was no verbal response just a small nod. "Liam will be here. Don't be afraid to talk to him, okay?" Another short nod. At that point all Harry wanted to do was cry and he knew his half happy facade wouldn't last long so he pressed a short kiss to the others forehead before ducking out of the room.

He had been so busy stressing he had barely looked at his phone. When he reached the car he pulled out his phone to check what he had missed. 4 missed calls  from jay. A prang of nervousness ran through his body. What if he missed something important?

Before he even thought the phone was ringing through the Bluetooth as he pulled out of the driveway. "Hiya love." Jay answered happily. Thank god, she was okay.

"Hi jay." Harry sighed with relief as he pulled out of the gates. "Sorry I missed your calls I've been...busy." The boy said softly he couldn't exactly tell a mother her son had barely spoken for a week because the girl he had a one night stand wasn't letting him see his baby.

"That's okay. I've been trying to get on to lou but the girls told me he wasn't doing so well on the trip." She explained quietly with sadness weighing her voice down. "Is he alright?" She added.

"Yeah, yeah he should be. You know how he gets. It will pass. He's strong." Harry said vaguely as he drove down roads that were lined with massive homes spread widely over the stretch.

Jay hummed in agreement but Harry knew it wouldn't be the end of the conversation. "Are you sure he is alright? Please just tell me Harry, he doesn't need to know this conversation happened. I just want to know how to help." She explained in a soft tone. It was friendly and kind.

Her voice was so trustworthy and that's why Harry decided to tel her. "Brianna called him whilst we were on the trip. She has decided that Louis can't see Freddie. That's all I know unfortunately, he won't talk to anyone. However I don't think that's it. He had an episode when he was watching phee and dais, that really shook him up. He sobbed to Liam about it but when I got back he was just quiet." Harry spilled as the streets began to look a lot more affordable.

Jay let out a soft sigh. "Wow, the girls didn't even tell me that. I thought it was odd Niall dropped them off but it was lovely to talk to him." She mumbled. They both knew jay was talking about something completely off topic but that's always what happened when something difficult was brought up. "I'm sorry lovey. That's sounds dreadful. I know what it's like when he puts his walls back up. Just remember he loves you. You were the best thing to happen to him." Jay added after a few moments of comfortable silence and then they exchanged a short amount of small talk and niceties before saying there goodbyes as Harry climbed out of the car.

Harry felt an once of dread run through him. He loved his fans, he truly did but today he just couldn't put on a happy face. So when he walked through the brightly lit supermarket he tried to stay as invisible as possible although it was a bit difficult being 6ft and trying to hide.

Usually in the span of five minutes someone had spotted the lanky boy, from there it was a matter of hiding. However today Harry had managed to collect most of his groceries before a fan spotted him. He could tell she was a sweetheart by the way she approached him. She was timid unlike some fans that scream.

"Hi Harry. Sorry to interrupt I've just been such a big fan of Louis and you forever, you have helped me with so much. I just wanted to say thank you." She hummed sweetly. Her long brown hair was in lose curls that fell over her tanned skin.

Harry was a bit confused with what she meant by helped until a shorter girl came over with a black bob and rainbow high knee socks carrying two small pride flags. That's when it all clicked. Louis and him helped her come out. Harry didn't say anything but he just hugged her tightly seeing a flash of white scars on her arm. "Thank you." Harry mumbled whole heartedly.

The girl gave a questioning look as she pulled away and took the other girls hand. "For what?" She asked quietly.

"People like you make this world a better place. I know, now, lou and I look like we have always had the courage we have now but we didn't. He didn't accept himself for a long time, neither did I but when people come forward and speak their truth the world becomes a much better place. Ignore whatever anyone else says, I will forever be proud that you have come this far, that you didn't give up, you fought."  Harry explained lovingly, he knew that this girl was family even though they had never met, his fans were his family.

They both found themselves become a little chocked up with emotions so there was a moment before a smile broke out over the other girls face and she took him back into a tough embrace. No words were needed as an understanding of happiness flew through them.

After a few moments the taller girl handed her phone to the shorter girl. "Liv, can you take a photo for me?" The girl that Harry newly learnt was named liv took the phone with a smile almost as wide as the others. When she lifted the phone up Harry took notice of the phone case. It had four words stitched into that took his interest 'treat people with Kindness.'

"Are you two off anywhere tonight?" The boy asked after he pulled away from the pose.

Liv nodded excitedly. "Yeah, we are going to Addisons first pride parade. Down town somewhere." She giggled taking the others hand back into hers.

I smile at the scene. "Sounds lovely. I might have to drag Louis down there." Harry said as if He were thinking out loud.

"Thank you again." Addison said softly. "And pass it on to Louis. I've noticed him getting thinner. I hope he's alright." She added shyly. Wow Harry thought. They all genuinely did care, how anyone other than people that are actually there with him would notice was insane to the boy.

"I will, as long as you promise never to stop being you." Harry agreed smiling lightly. Addison nodded enthusiastically before exchanging a small set of goodbyes and beginning to walk off, however her girlfriend stayed behind.

"I just wanted to say thank you as well. You and your husband are the reason she became truthful to herself and that led to us being together, so thank you." Liv said happily before following after her girlfriend quickly.

***
Hope everyone is having a great Easter : )
I also want to mention I might be a bit slow on updates for this story in the coming weeks bc I'm writing my new story in completion before I post it