Chapter sixteen

For the next few days Harry watched Louis like a hawk. Not a single movement Louis made went unnoticed. Not a single word he spoke went unthought of. Yet Louis hadn't moved much or spoken much. He just cried and lied in bed with the occasional movement to the bathroom.

Seeing Louis break is what was breaking Harry. He hated seeing his little sunshine all dull and grey. He missed his glowing smile and shining eyes.

It was a Friday morning around eleven and Louis had been, not surprisingly, locked in the room all day. Harry bounced up the stairs missing every second step hoping his energy would be shared with Louis. The warmth of the tea he was carrying was now warming his hands as he lightly knocked on the door to hear a small "come in" from Louis.

Harry sat down on Louis side of the bed and began rubbing his back after placing the tea down. "Good morning sunshine. Feel like doing something today?" Harry asked suggestively just to be told to "fuck off"

Harry was use to it by this point so he just sighed sadly before leaving the room.

***

By two in the afternoon Louis still showed no signs of getting up. The tea beside the bed had gone cold as it had been untouched.

Harry decided to try once again with the offering of food. He skipped up every step and made a gentle knock on the door before hearing a small grunt. Harry took that as a 'come in the love of my life' so he pushed the door open to see Louis in the exact same position. Harry frowned. It hurt to see someone you loved so much be in so much pain.

"Hey beautiful. I brought lunch, you haven't eaten today." Harry said plastering a fake smile on his face as ran his thumb over Louis cheek, realising he had been crying. "Come on boo bear." He hummed sweetly trying to coax the boy to sit up. After a minute Louis growled something incoherent and sat up.

He looked a mess. His hair was going in every which direction, his eyes were red and puffy, his lips chapped and broken. There was no fluffiness in the brown hair. There was no bright look behind the ocean blue eyes. There was no sunshine behind the gorgeous lips. It broke Harry when he had to see Louis like that.

"'m not hungry." The older boy huffed looking to Harry who's eyebrows were now furrowed and lips were in a small frown. It was a look that begged Louis to just eat. Louis picked up on that so he reluctantly took a tiny bite of his sandwich. He raised his eyebrows as he chewed slowly as if to say "see I ate, now leave." But Harry didn't budge so Louis continued to eat.

After twenty minutes he had finished one side of the sandwich and refusing to eat the other. "Please, Lou, I'm begging you, tell me what is wrong!" Harry said in a desperate tone as he intertwined there fingers.

"I'm dangerous." He huffed. Harry knew he was going to say that, it's all he had said about why he was so upset the past week.

"I've already told you, you're not. Tell me why you think that." Harry pleaded as he pulled Louis into his chest. "Lou please. I found you just after you had relapsed. I need to know why." He added his voice now hoarse and scared but Louis refused to talk so after about half an hour of begging Harry left Louis to think.

Coincidentally Liam was just arriving ho from wherever he had been the past two days. Harry let out a shaky breath as he slid down the bedroom door not noticing Liam's presence. "Haz? You okay?" Liam asked quickly and quietly as he rushed to the boys side.

Harry slightly jumped when Liam first wrapped his arms around the him but just as quickly relaxed into the hug. "Why? Why does he hate himself? Why does he feel the need to hurt himself? Why does he feel dangerous?" Harry wondered out loud yet still in a hushed tone.

Liam instantly froze up at the words hurt himself. It scared Liam shitless to know Louis may be self harming again or starving himself. A wave of panic rushed through him as just about every bad thought ran through his head. "H-h-hurt himself?" Liam muttered knowing it was his fault he even knew Niall thought he was dangerous.

Liam quickly pulled away from Harry and sat on the other side of him. "I found him throwing up and he has been in a mood since." Harry said simply as He lulled his head in Liam's direction.

"I know why he is doing it." Liam said in a almost emotionless tone. Harry sent him a look telling him to continue. "Ni and I got in a fight because he wants me to move out cause he thinks lou is dangerous and I told louis." Liam let a long pause fall over them. He knew Harry was a mix of mad and shocked so he expected the silence. "I just didn't think he'd relapse over it."

There was another long silence.

It was only interrupted by the sound of Harry's phone ringing. He was slightly confused why jay was calling but he picked up nonetheless. "'ello jay." He croaked our trying to make it sound as chirpy as possible.

"Hiya love. Is lou with you?" She asked in a calm and happy tone.

Harry panicked what was he supposed to say? Oh yeah but he relapsed and he has gone into some depressive state? Jay asked Harry if he was still there which brought him back to it. "Yeah, um sorry he is asleep. Can I help?" The long haired boy asked nervously.

"It's phoebe. She has had a bad week and she seemed so much happier after she stayed at your house the other week." ( A/N this is abt two weeks after the twins stayed there.)

"I'll see what we can do but I'm sure Louis would love to see her." He said plastering on a fake smile hoping she could hear it. They exchanged a few minutes of small talk before hanging up and Harry nervously made his way back into the room.

"Love." He hummed sweetly as he brushed Louis cheek with the back of his hand. The older boy began to stir in his sleep opening his dull blue eyes and instantly flicking them onto Harry. "Your mum 'ust called. She asked if you could spend some time with phee. She's had a bad week." Harry said with a tone of sympathy.

Louis instantly shit up from where he was lying. He furrowed his eyebrows in sadness. "Course I'll go see 'er . Why did you even ask?" He said in a sad tone.

Harry just sent Louis a look.

A look that practically screamed I didn't think you would get out of bed.

Louis nodded in understanding, even though no words had been spoken.

"We can set it up for tomorrow." Harry said happily before leaning down to press a quick kiss to Louis lips.

♡ ♡ ♡