Chapter thirty one

"God, Lou it's gorgeous." Jay cooed as she inspected the silver band on Louis' left hand. "Your a very lucky man." She laughed letting Louis' pull his hand away and look at the ring himself.

Louis chuckled slightly. "Do you remember when I first told you I was going to propose?" The boy asked softly reminding his mum of a scene that took place a few years ago in the same spot.

"I don't know lou." Jay sighed as she handed him back a small black box. The small kettle let off a small ding making jay shift to pour the boiling water into two mugs.

Despite the fact it was freezing outside Harry was still running around with the younger girls in the backyard as they played some sort of game. Louis shook his head fondly at the scene that he saw through the kitchen window.  "Don't you think you are rushing it? I mean you've been going together 2 and half years, if that. You guys are so young, you have so much time. Don't get caught up in getting married." The mother said kindly whilst positioned with her back against the counter.

"I know mum." Louis said running a hand over his face. "But he is the one. I need to prove to him that he is the only one that I want to grow old with. He is the only one I want to come home to. He is the only one I love." The boy said sincerely and if you couldn't hear all the heart and passion behind it you must've been deaf. The silence that fell over them was soon intruded by the crash and bang off his little sisters and boyfriend.

Harry immediately ran over to Louis curling into the older boy so he could be somewhat shorter. "You're so bloody cold baby." Louis laughed as he pulled him in tighter to kiss the top of his curls.

"I know. That's why I'm hugging you." Harry laughed snuggling up to Louis sweater. The shorter boy let out a small strangled laugh that made Harry's head shoot up. "You look nervous. What's wrong?" The younger boy said softly.

"Nothing. Let's go for a walk." Louis said lovingly as he pulled Harry out off the kitchen yelling farewells to his siblings.

Jay just nodded fondly. "I'm glad you didn't listen to me. I was so wrong." She chuckled pouring two mugs of tea.

"Not completely." Louis mumbled thinking about all the time he had let Harry down. His mother just sent him a very questioning look with her eyebrows knitted together and he lips pursed. "I cheated on him. He basically is my full time carer.I don't know why he stays with me, he could do so much better." Louis sighed as he picked at his fingernails.

Jay went to go say something but was quickly interrupted but a loud cheer of "louiissssss!" From daisy who must have seen his car in the drive.

Louis let out a laugh as he opened his arms and swung the girl around. She quickly gripped her legs around Louis' tiny figure as much as he wanted to push her off his waist and go cry he just stood there and held her. "Hey dais. I missed you." He laughed pressing an obnoxious kiss to the girls cheek. "Where is your twin?" Louis asked softly concerned about where phoebe was.

Daisy shrugged simply. "Most of the time she catch's the second bus. She says it's way less crowded." Daisy hummed with her head now resting against Louis chest. Even though she wasn't a little kid Louis always acted as a second dad to them so naturally they all loved the treatment they would get from him. Most of the time it wasn't strange for them to end up in a position like this.

"Okay." Louis hummed as he began to carry the other into the tv room. "Do you and phee want to come stay with me this weekend? Harry's away shooting a movie and Liam will be with Niall so it will just be the three of us. That sound fun?" Louis asked. He really didn't want to be alone this weekend so figured it was a perfect time to spend with his sisters.

The small girl nodded eagerly. Louis could help but notice how much bigger the girl seemed than the last time he saw her. Stupid growth spurts. He lowered the girl gently. "You're getting too big for me." He laughed.

"She obviously didn't get the same genes you got." His mum laughed from the other room.

"Well it's not hard." Daisy shrugged as she walked off to put her bag away.

The boys jaw dropped which jay saw and laughed at softly. "She did get the sass from you however." Jay hummed in amusement.

His phone began to buzz in his back pocket making the blue eyed boy shake his head lovingly as he pulled out the phone.

From- Haz 💕 did you get to your mums okay?

To-haz 💕 of course baby. Why would you think otherwise? Hah

From- haz 💕 I cant have been the first person to tell you. Lou, you drive like a mad man.

A happy feeling settled deeply into Louis' chest. He missed Harry but sweet messages reminded the Doncaster boy he still cared.

The front door clicked again. He knew it was the slightly more fragile twin. He briskly made his way over to the front door where the brunette girl was slipping off her shoes, her eyes focused on the ground not on the older boy. That would make sense because when Louis hummed a small "hello" she jumped three feet in the air.

The younger girl let out a scared kind of laugh. "Hi Lou." She said softly as placed her hand against her chest to slow her breathing. "I didn't know you were coming over today. If I did I would have come home quicker." She explained as she slipped off her coat.

The older boy just shrugged it off. He understood that it was truly in his sisters best interest to go on the later bus. He didn't want any more mental scaring than was needed on the small girl. "I'm just glad your home." He hummed sweetly. "Just hope you weren't smoking. Nasty habit that." He added, knowing his sister wouldn't have been doing anything close to smoking.

Phoebe just gave him a bored look with wide eyes and a flat smile. "Oh yeah cause I'm the one we need to worry about smoking. You should really quit. Doesn't Harry like hate the smoke?" She said her honey like voice laced with humour.

Louis just rolled his eyes slightly because she was right. He knew he should quit, he knew he Harry hated the smell of smoke. However, considering what Harry has said last week the same thought kept playing on his mind. He missed the smell of smoke. He hates the smell of smoke without him. Every time louis thought of the conversation he felt a small flutter of happiness. He loved thinking of making sure his baby was alright, safe and warm in his arms.

"Lou." Phoebe laughed awkwardly waving a hand in front of the others face. The brother shook his head ever so slightly to break out of the invisible void he had fallen into. "I was asking why you are here. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just wondering." The girl said as she began to pull a few things out of her small bag.

The blue eyed boy shed the smaller girl a loving smile as he took the books off the girl to help her carry them whenever she needed them. "Oh right." He nodded chuckling slightly making his way towards the girls room. "I was going to ask, considering it's Friday plus Haz is away, if you and dais wanted to come to my place for the night." Louis explained as he stacked the girls laptop and books on her desk.

Phoebe didn't answer with words instead she dove into the bony boys arms. At first he felt uncomfortable with how close the girl was to his body but he pushed by the voice in his head figuring by the girls speeding heart and shaking shoulders that she needed this.  "Thank you Lou. It's been such a bad week. I love you." She sobbed into his chest.

Louis wasn't sure if that meant he was getting better or worse. Should've he known earlier that phoebe was having a tough week or was he getting better at subconsciously knowing they needed him. He decided his mind would rest easy if he settled for the latter. So for once Louis felt he was getting better.

***
So y'all said u like happy chapters. I'm shit at writing happy things but luckily I already had this chapter :)