Chapter eighteen

Liam had seen the state Louis was in when Harry pulled him upstairs to make sure phoebe didn't see him. He was about to ask Liam if he could watch Louis while he took phoebe home but Liam refused saying Harry had to stay with the unconsolable Louis.

That was about forty minutes ago so Liam would be back any second but Louis had locked himself in the bathroom. "Louis, please don't do this to me. Just let me in." Harry hummed gently as he leant against the shut bathroom door. the muffled cries had no interruption after Harry's words.

Harry figured there was no hope of Louis opening the door but yet he kept the begging up until he felt Liam gently place a hand on his shoulder. "Can I try?" He asked quietly so Louis couldn't hear him. Harry just nodded slightly. That made Liam gently knock on the door with his knuckles. "Lou, I just dropped your sister home, the rest of your sisters were there and I think your mum had told them so don't you think you should talk to them?" He said carefully with his ear to the door. "Come on mate, we just need to know you're alright." Liam said after there was no response to his previous statement.

A minute later the bathroom door opened slowly to reveal a distressed looking Louis. His usual bright blue eyes were washed out with redness, his nose also red and slightly damp with snot. None of it mattered to Harry however he just opened his arms widely for Louis to climb into which was quick to occur as Harry pulled him in tighter. "Phones in the kitchen, want me to come get it with you?" Harry asked the small boy timidly before Louis nodded.

They walked down the stairs slowly, Harry making sure Louis wasn't going to fall, he had been crying so much Harry was scared He'd collapse. Once they got down there Louis grabbed his phone and sat down while Harry flicked the kettle on.

He decided Lottie was the best to call at that moment, being the oldest. So he scrolled through the contacts until he saw the "Lotts" contact pop up. He sighed before hitting it and putting the phone to his ear.

It rung a few times before she picked up, by that time Harry was pouring the hot water into louis' mug. "Hey beautiful, how are you?" Louis said softly.

Harry just stared at the boy for a minute watching him focus on what the younger girl was saying. "Yeah I know, she called me." He said sadly wiping his eyes slightly. "Do you want me to come over?" He asked.

The room went quiet again as Louis let out small hums to let her know he was listening. "Okay I'll be there soon, I love you." He hummed before hanging up and sliding the phone in his back pocket.

"'m going to drive over there and stay for a few days, that okay?" Louis asked as he stepped closer to the taller boy wrapping his arms softly around Harry's neck. "It might be best if you stay 'ere." He added before pressing a quick kiss to Harry's lips.

"I think that's a good idea but keep me updated, yeah? And if you feel the need to harm please just call me, I don't care what I'm doing, alright?" The taller boy said with a warning tone as he swayed the small boy in his arms. Louis nodded in agreement.

An hour later Louis had packed his car with a few days worth of clothes and anything he could think he would need and was on his way. Harry was hesitant on letting Louis drive himself there but Harry knew if he drove up there he'd be too nervous to leave Louis.

So currently he was trying to distract himself with writing a song. he finally found a tune he liked and something to write about, the first time him and Louis broke up. he was calling it sweet creature because that's truly how Harry always saw louis.

He had only managed to write a few lines but he already loved it.

Sweet creature
Had another talk about where it's going wrong
But we're still young
We don't know where we're going
But we know where we belong
And oh we started
Two hearts in one home
It's hard when we argue
We're both stubborn
I know, but oh

He scribbled it down on a note pad and hummed along the tune as he did so. He specifically remembered how the talk went, they both left in tears but he always knew they'd get past it. His concentration was broken by a call of his name. He was mad at whoever it was but still stuck his head up to look at the voice.

Not surprisingly it was Liam. "I know what he did was wrong but do you think it'd be okay for ni to come over? It's just louis is away and I wouldn't want to put Niall in that uncomfortable position when lou is here." The boy said not meeting Harry's eyes and playing nervously with his hands.

"Putting Niall in an uncomfortable position?" Harry asked shutting his notebook. "I'm sorry but why would it be niall in the awkward position? Niall said those things about Louis, Louis didn't do anything to Niall." Harry said almost to himself as if he was trying to figure it out himself.

"So he can't come?" Liam asked softly.

"No, he can come over."Harry finally sighed and let there be silence for a moment. "Did you tell him about Louis relapse?" He asked nervously.

Liam kept his head down but shook it. "No, did you want me to?" He asked sheepishly as he picked at his fingers.

Harry shrugged at first also keeping his eyes down on the now closed notebook. "I mean he needs to know that his words had an affect." He admitted honestly. Harry didn't want to get into a fight with either Liam or Niall but he also knew how much Louis was hurting. "I mean he told me to leave him, on multiple occasions and he fucking relapsed. I just can't have him hurt again, I can't have a repeat of his break down, what if it's worse this time." Harry rambled beginning to run out of breath.

"H, breath, it's okay, I get it. I feel the same. The only reason we are talking is because I went off at him and he apologised to me." Liam said moving closer to the other, becoming more comfortable in the conversation. "He will be over in an hour, I will keep him out of your way and talk to him about lou."

Harry nodded, he was happy with that. "Thank you li, it means a lot." Harry agreed softly sending Liam a shy smile. "He will never tell you but he does want you and Niall to be together and even after what Niall said Louis still wanted you to be together because he knows how happy Niall makes you. He just wants to you to be happy but he will always protect you." Harry added seriously finally looking at Liam in the eye.

"Why do you think I always helped him to apologise to you when he did something stupid?" Liam said simply before walking back to his room.

***
Crappy chapter but two update for the week
Do you think Harry is being unfair still being upset at Niall?
Do you think Liam should have forgiven Niall so quick?
Do you think niam will last?