Chapter ten

Borderline personality disorder.

That what Harry's perfect husband had.

Borderline personality disorder.

That's what Liam's best friend had.

Borderline personality disorder.

That's what Louis had.

"Borderline personality disorder." She told the three of them blankly, as if it meant nothing. After many test that's what they had determined.

Sure, it all made sense now and it meant there was a way to help the boy but it still hurt to hear Louis had legitimately been suffering for years.

"Don't look so scared guys. There is medication for it, we can get it under control." The young therapist said happily as she pushed her red hair behind her small ears. Why was she happy? Louis was suffering.

"Wh-What's the medication?" Liam asked nervously.

Poppy said cleaning her throat softly trying to break to awkward air that spun around them. "I'm going to trail you on Prozac." She said before scribbling down something on a pad of paper and handing it Louis.

Louis didn't even register that the paper was in front of him, he just kept staring blankly ahead. Liam quickly snapped the paper into his own hand knowing neither Louis or Harry we're going to be able to hold it.

***

The bottle sat on the counter of the kitchen, as if it were mocking them. Liam groaned frustratedly before snatching the bottle into his own hand. "Alright. Side effects may include: Nausea, drowsiness, dizziness, anxiety, trouble sleeping, loss of appetite, tiredness, sweating, or yawning. Take two a day, one in the morning, one at night." He said gently, not wanting to scare either Louis or Harry with the side effects.

"God, why didn't I notice earlier." Louis huffed breaking the silence. "How did I go this long without knowing I had borderline personality disorder?"He added angrily.

They all shared blank looks. It seemed impossible. His mum had taken him to so many therapists over the years, so how did none of them know? Or was his mum just hiding it from him? Harry turned to him with a sad look but almost if he had read Louis' thoughts he mumbled "maybe call your mum. Maybe she can answer some of your questions." 

Liam was still wildly looking though his phone. finding other side effects, making sure it wasn't going to hurt Louis more than he already was but before he could say anything else Louis was out of the room.

"At least we have answers now." Harry sighed sadly hinting for Liam to look up. Liam just nervously looked up and began biting his nails. "Liam, say something! I don't know what to do." Harry snapped causing Liam to look at him in slight shock.

"I don't know what to say either, Harry! He is the same old Louis we have always known but know he is medicated and there is an actual reason for his outbursts" he paused looking around nervously "but I don't know how to talk to him. I'm scared shitless haz, for him, for you, for myself." He said pacing back and forth in a small square.

They both just shared nervous glances for a moment. "He is still the same, we need to treat him like that." Liam finally said softly stopping in his place leaning against the bench top.

A few minutes later the oldest boy slipped into the familiar room. "What did she say?" Liam hummed being The for to notice the boys presence.