Chapter thirty six

The hand slipped out of his gently. There was a soft sound of broken cries throughout the whole room. The taller boy simply turned Louis around in his arms as he concealed his own tears. "It's okay. I've got you." He whispered as bitter tears soaked through his t-shirt. They had been preparing themselves for eight months but nobody was truly ready for that moment.

The younger boy looked around the room. The eldest sister had a blank look on her face as she held Phoebes head into her shoulder. The boys eyes drifted to where Fizzy was standing. Her hand interlocking with the second twin. Both had silent tears rolling down their face.

Without trying to stir the eldest boy Harry moved to press the button over the bed. When he turned back Louis' eyes were once again fixed on Harry. "It's okay love. I know it hurts but she's in a better place. She wanted you to keep going. Life's too fucking short, right?" The boy said trying to smile through the pain he felt for his mother in law.

Within moments the family were ushered out of the room. Louis' leant down one final time. "I love you mum. I'll live one life for the two of us."  He hummed with a sad smile before following the rest of his family to the corridor.

That's when he truly noticed his sisters. They were stood to one side of the corridor standing impossibly close to each other. "I love you girls so much." He whispered before bringing them all into his chest truly great full that he got to hold them.

The group was unaware that Harry watched from the other side of the white walled hall sending a text to Liam and Niall.

She's gone

It was a simple text but what else was he supposed to write? He felt broken. He could only imagine how Louis and the girls were feeling. 

- - -

The brown eyed boy saw the text but didn't say a thing. The only thing he felt was anger. The only thought that ran through his head was "this world is fucking cruel."

After a moment Liam turned on his side and pulled Niall closer. The now brunette had drifted off to sleep around an hour ago despite his efforts to stay awake. He pressed a kiss into the sleeping boys head.  "Darling." He said sadly knowing Niall would want to know.

Niall's eyes almost immediately shot open. "I got the text from Harry." He said keeping his eyes on the other. "Lou's mum, she's gone." That was when Liam realised he had tears pouring down his face. His heart truly broke for Louis.

"They will be here soon. I think we should get up and make them food and tea. Whatever they need. God, they don't deserve this. Ernie and Doris are two! Phoebe and dais are 12! Louis is about to start his solo career. Lottie and Fizzy, the worlds their ouster. They are only starting on their journey. She won't be there to see them grow." Niall ranted bitterly with his teeth clenched in order to stop tears springing from his eyes.

"That's a good idea." Liam agreed simply not wanting to think about how much pain the children were in.

An hour later
"Phee do you want anything?" Harry asked softly looking at the girl who was curled up in her older brothers lap. She simply shook her head which made Louis' eyebrow furrow slightly.

"You sure phoebs? You haven't eaten today. You sure you aren't hungry?" Louis asked in a extremely gentle tone. However the girl just shook her head again. "Okay." Louis hummed before turning back to Harry. "Can I have a cuppa? Do you know where my pills are?" His tone was happy but they all knew he was just putting on a happy facade for the girls.

Within a few minutes Louis had two small pills in his hand and a steaming cup of tea. Harry placed a kiss onto the others head. "Thank you baby." The eldest boy hummed. "How are the others?" His voice was hoarse as tears dried on his face.

"Lottie fell asleep. Fizzy and dais are watching tv. Liam and Niall are out there with them. Are you going to try sleep?" He said softly aware of the fact phoebe was beginning to daze off my Louis' arms.

The boy just shook his head. "I don't think I can." His voice shook in way that made everyone aware he was holding back tears. "With all these memories playing through my head. I wish it was me instead Haz." The boy whimpered trying to not let the barricade of tears break once again.

The younger boy just shook his head. "Don't say that lou. She wanted you to keep going." He said in a loving tone however anyone could tell Harry was petrified that the threat was real. "Have you gotten on to Zayn yet?" Harry asked slotting himself beside the boy watching as the small girls chest rose and fell.

Louis just shook his head softly. "I'll call him later. He's probably asleep."

Harry just nodded solemnly before standing up to make another round to make sure everyone was okay. "I'm sure he will want to talk lou." The tallest mumbled into the others hair. "Do you want me to carry her out?" He asked gesturing at the snoozing girl.

He didn't hesitate at shaking his head. "I want to hold her as long as possible. Don't want any of them slipping away from me. You could tell fiz and daisy they can come in if they want. Don't disturb Lott's though." The small boy said softly without taking his gentle gaze off of the girl in his arms.

***
Had to skip forward a bit to get some story <3
Sad chapter. Cried writing it :(