Chapter twenty seven

"Oh my god baby! All your hair is gone!" Louis laughed in awe as he got off the couch and walked towards the taller boy. "Was this the surprise?" Louis asked as he draped his arms over Harry's shoulders and Harry wrapped his arms around louis' back.

Harry nodded slightly with a dopey smile on his face. "Do you like it?" Harry asked with worry dripping through his voice.

Louis' giggled slightly running his hands through the now short locks. "Yeah, I love it." He hummed sweetly. His eyes were all lit up and he had a genuine grin on his face. Harry loved seeing this louis. The care free, happy louis

They both just enjoyed each other's company for a moment taking in every aspect of each other. "'M glad." Harry said happily. "Makes me excited for the movie." Harry chuckled swaying Louis slightly.

"Yeah, I bet." Louis pouted as he snuggled into the others chest. "I'm going to miss you." He added sadly thinking about how Harry was going to be away from him for so long.

Harry never really thought he'd end up in a war movie but figured he'd just go for it. He thought he botched the audition but apparently not as they called him almost immediately after saying he got the part. Of course they were thrilled to hear the news and Louis didn't stop saying how proud he was for almost a week.

"You will too wrapped up in other things to miss me." Harry chuckled softly pulling the boy in tighter. Harry knew that wasn't true. He knew Louis would most likely spend most of his time in the house. "I'm just a phone call away, love."  He added lovingly.

He is leaving you. You're going to lose him. That took Louis' back to that day.

The whole week something seemed off about Harry. Louis' could have sworn he was cheating on him. He didn't have any proof but he just knew. He knew because Harry was acting distant but when they went to sound check he was completely ignoring him.

Louis knew Harry was about to break up with him so louis decided to safe himself. He walked over to where Harry was sitting with his computer and kicked it, absolutely smashing the screen "Why would you do that?" Harry asked angrily.

Shit

He fucked up. He grabbed the closest set of keys as he ran out the back exit. He checked the keys, they were Liam's. He climbed into the car and drove off. It was pouring.

Next thing he knew he was in a bar and about fifteen shots in. He was absolutely gone.

Then he saw a girl. A meaningless hookup. Perfect.

Next thing he knew he was in her bed.shit. He instantly knew his mistake.

Now he was in the car. Still drunk. Everything was hazy. Tears filling his eyes so he could barely see.

Somehow he managed to crash the car.

How could he fuck up so bad?

All of a sudden he was aware that he was in his own living room. "Lou! Come back to me." Harry called. Louis instantly realised he was now sitting in the corner trying to push himself away from everything else. The blue eyed boy burst into tears. What just happened? "Hey, hey,hey don't cry it's okay. Can I touch you now?" Harry asked cautiously. Of course Louis nodded rapidly to have the boy embrace him.

"W-what happ- happened?" Louis  hiccuped as he cuddled into Harry.

"I don't know. You just started shaking and telling me to get off you. Then you started saying fuck, get off me Brianna, how could I do this, sorry and just repeating that. What freaked you out love?" Harry said in comfort just keeping the boy close.

Louis just left his head on Harry's shoulder for a moment letting himself think. "I don't know why but I was reliving that night of my freak out." He whimpered.

The taller lad just kept the other boy close, hoping that would provide comfort. "How about you go upstairs and take a nap, I'll come up in a little bit with some tea." Harry suggested as he stood up and then helping his smaller husband up.

Once Louis was up the stairs and out of ear shot Harry quickly dialed Liam's number. He didn't even have to wait three rings Liam picked up straight away. "Hey, what are you doing?" Harry asked

"Nothing, just cooking dinner at Niall's. Why, what's up?" Liam said, his tone becoming more scared as he spoke.

"Okay. You don't need to come home but something just happened and I don't know what to do."  Harry babbled.

"Yeah, okay, what happened." Liam said sadly but Harry could tell he was getting impatient.

"Lou and I were talking and all of a sudden he started shaking and pushing me off him and saying all these odd things. Then when I finally snapped him out of it he burst into tears and told me he was reliving the night of the break down." The youngest explained "I'm so scared Liam." He added defeatedly.

"Yeah, shit haz. that must have been scary." Liam sighed sounding almost as if he was about to cry. "Okay, well I'm having dinner and I'll be home in two hours. Are you sure you don't want me to come home now?" Liam  asked nervously.

"Yeah, I'm sure Liam. Just what do you think I should do?" Harry asked again.

"Just hold him. You know that's how to make him feel safe. On that night he felt he lost you, so if he has relived that's night me probably is feeling that again. he needs to know you are there. Just hold him, talk to him,anything so he knows you are there." Liam suggested and he was 100% right and Harry knew it.

"Thank you so much li. See you later."

- - -

Niall didn't let Liam drive home for a few hours. He was scared he was too worked up and he would crash. So by the time Liam got home it was far past 12am.However the kitchen lights were still on.

When he walked into the kitchen he saw the frail Doncaster boy in an oversized hoodie and sweats sitting at the island bench. "Hey lou." Liam said softly placing a hand on Louis back. The boy basically jumped three feet in the air when he felt the touch. "What are you still doing up?" Liam asked tiredly as he walked over to the other side of island bench so he was looking into Louis' eyes.

The smaller boy just shrugged. "Couldn't sleep." He said pondering over it for a moment. "Don't want to sleep." He shrugged.

Liam knew there was no hope for Louis falling to sleep by himself. "Well looks like we are pulling an all nighter tommo. Just like the old days." Liam chuckled remembering all the sleepless nights that were spent writing and recording.

The older boy didn't even indicate he had heard Liam's statement. His face looked pale, his eyes were puffy and red, his cheeks were tear stained and blotchy. "Harry told me what happened. You alright?" The Wolverhampton boy hummed sadly figuring there was no beating around the bush about it.

Louis scoffed as if it were obvious, it was obvious but frankly in this situation Liam didn't know how to help. "No." He stammered, it was barely audible but Liam caught it, he always caught it.

Hold him. Something in Liam was screaming for him to just hug him. He knew that's what he always needed. So that's what he did. As soon as Louis felt safe in the others arms he began sobbing. It stayed like that until four am when he eventually passed out .

***
I'm trying to keep a similar timing to how all this happened irl but it's a lil fucked up at the moment lol
Thoughts and suggestions?
Love y'all