Chapter nine

The alarm went off the next morning but instead of Louis turning it off like he usually did, the smaller boy stayed dead still. Harry groaned at the blaring sound coming from the small alarm. "Lou." Harry croaked wriggling slightly so the boy would wake up.

Louis let out a tight groan before reluctantly turning over and turning off the alarm. After a moment Louis broke into a small coughing fit. Harry turned around giving the boy a concerned glance as he rubbed his back to comfort him. "You okay?" Harry hummed softly.

The older boy finally brought in a huge gasp of air. Harry furrowed his eyebrows further when Louis just shook his head. The younger boy instantly put his hand to the boys forehead. It was burning.

"Love, you're burning. Wait 'ere." Harry said before slipping out of the bed and sliding on a t- shirt and joggers. Louis almost instantaneously fell back asleep, letting the exhaustion run through him.

Harry returned five minutes later with two small pills and a glass of water. Reluctantly the long haired boy shook his love gently as his blue eyes began to flutter open, looking more flushed out than normal. "Take this." Harry hummed lovingly as he sat him up gently. "What do you want to do today?" He asked softly.

After Louis followed Harry's orders and took the pills he shot Harry a confused look "Aren't you going to record today?" Lou said through a horsed voice.

Harry pushed the smaller boys hair back before shaking his head softly. "I'm not leaving you when you're sick." He said in his usual tone.

It made Louis chuckle slightly. "You shouldn't put your life on hold just cause I have a cold baby." The smaller boy croaked. His eyes looking as soft and delicate as ever.

Harry thought his husband just looked so perfect and innocent, at that moment. It almost made Harry forget how he could ever do some of the things he did.

Harry rolled his eyes at the others words. "Hmm but I want to." He said softly looking over the others pretty face.

"You truly are something Hazza." Louis laughed happily, as he traced over the others cheek lightly before pulling onto the bed and into a tight hug.

***

They both eventually slipped back into sleep for a few hours. The only reason Harry even woke back up was because he felt the lacking presence of Louis.  "Lou?" Harry called out worriedly.

There was no response just a small gaging noise from the bathroom. Harry instantly shot up from the bed running the small distance to the bathroom.

Louis -as Harry suspected- was leaning over the toilet bowl. His arm sitting on the seat to separate his forehead and the ceramic. The younger boy slid down to comfort the sick one. After a few moments Louis pulled away from toilet letting his head rest on harry's shoulder. "you're okay darling." the younger boy soothed as Louis let out hard gasps for air.

***

as the day went on Louis only seemed to get more fatigued and sick. it hurt harry to see his precious boyfriend in so much pain. by this time harry had given up on leaving louis alone and now they were both huddled together tightly on the couch. even if harry was looking after louis harry was still the little spoon.

Twenty minuets ago harry had put on grease, knowing it was lou's favorite movie when finally the television quiet blare of noise was broken by louis. "'m sorry baby. 'm sorry, 'm such an awful husband, 'm sorry that 'm so awful to you an Liam, to my own son." louis rambled sadly.

harry didn't understand why the boy couldn't see how perfect he was. harry was about to interject, saving the boy from his spiral but it was all too late. Something in him snapped. "Fuck you harry! You don't think I see through your games but they are practically made of glass!" He yelled leaping off the couch and onto the other side of the room.

The younger boy didn't know what to do or say. He wanted to tell him it was all wrong and get mad at the older boy for ever doubting his endless love of the boy but he knew Louis couldn't control it.

Louis looked more hurt towards the fact Harry hadn't said anything. "I knew it! You never loved me! You've spent all these years pretending to love me, to what? Break me?" Louis yelled backing himself towards a wall. He looked utterly broken but what he was saying wasn't true. None of it was true.

They both stayed there in utter silence before Liam came running down the stairs a few moments later. "What's going on?" He patted worriedly as he scanned the room for clues of what happened. "Lou what's wrong?" He questioned understanding by Harry's look Louis had an episode.

Liam gently tried to walk to the shivering boy but was stopped by Louis arms being thrown towards him in attempts to get him back. Liam stopped in his tracks knowing not to push the boy past his limits. "Okay, okay. It's alright. Just breath."  He said soothingly.

Within another minute Niall was nervously standing in the doorway of the lounge room. As soon as Liam caught a glimpse of the boy he shook his head. "Ni, I told you to stay upstairs." Liam begged the boy, knowing the more people were in the room the harder it was going be to calm the boy.

Niall only accepted the fact he had to listen to Liam when he saw Harry's face. He just was blankly staring at the wall. His eyes seemed sadder than they ever were.

By the time Niall ha slipped out of the room, just as silent as he had came in, Liam was making his way over to Louis. Sure, it was slow and carful but at least Louis wasn't  protesting to the idea.Eventually Liam managed to take Louis upstairs and settle him into bed.

***

Hours went by and Louis was still locked up in his room. The rest of the boys stayed in the warm lounge room. yellow lights guys lit the room as the sun had set many hours ago. Niall was attempting to burry his head into Liam's chest as his chest rose and fell softly. Liam gently rubbed the blonde boys back.

Harry had practically been silent since Louis' out burst. His feet were tucked under the opposite knee. He just blankly stared at the tv in front of him but Liam knew he actually had no clue what the program was about.

"Harry." Liam said softly trying to gain the attention of the long haired boy but it failed and Harry gaze wasn't broken from the screen. Liam's heart aches on behalf of Harry, it was hard for anyone to see Louis like that, little own Louis' husband. "Haz, please, your scaring me." Liam added in a sadder tone.

Harry shook his head slightly and faced Liam. "'m fine, just worried 'bout Lou." Harry deadpanned quickly breaking his eye contact with the other.

The Wolverhampton boy just nodded slightly in agreement. "So am I." He said sympathetically.

After a few seconds Niall began to stir against Liam's chest. "But it's 'ust lou." Niall said in a hoarse voice.

♡♡♡
If you don't stream don't let it break your heart right now I will pull each of ur toenails out one by one.....
Have a good day :)